PDA

View Full Version : mechanical oil pressure gauge

tom t
18-07-2009, 20:06
ive recently got a mechanical oil pressure gauge and i need to order the pipe to go into the back of the gauge.

id also like to order the parts i need to connect it into the oil feed to the turbo. but i havent a clue what size connectors and type i need to order. i have the turbo oil feed from hose solutions. (if that would help anybody with as to what size bits i need)

i allready have a mechanical gauge pulmbed into the oil feed.

any help would be much appreciated. i know it would be kind of hard for anyone to say without seeing the car cheers:agree:

tom t
02-08-2009, 16:18
ive just fitted my oil cooler. and my dual oil pressure and temp mechanical gauge.

im using the pipe in the first picture to feed my pressure part of the gauge. but i messed up the connector by over tightning it. my local hose company has given me a new type of nut fitment with an olive to secure it.

now i cannot get this to seal correctly. will get some pics in a min any advice on how to get this to seal would be great.

as i really need the car to get to the hospital 2moro.

cheers :agree:

tom t
02-08-2009, 16:42
and here is a pic of the olive and nut. and the fitting its going into on the turbo oil feed pipe.

TrixNFlix
02-08-2009, 18:42
Tom do you have any better pics. Can't realy see anything in the second pic. Is there a thread for the new nut to go onto the adaptor in the second pic. If so which bit isn't sealing?

tom t
03-08-2009, 07:46
yes there is a thread on there m8. it was leaking at the back of the nut going on that thread. i have it sorted for the moment. i put the nylon tube further through the olly. and tightned it in place and it seems fine at the mo.

cheers m8:agree:

TrixNFlix
03-08-2009, 08:36
Ah good stuff tom. If it starts leaking again get loads of pfte tape on the thread. :agree: