PDA

View Full Version : turbo gone

bye_all_c_ya
18-07-2009, 12:21
wa heading to mot and turbo has gone smoke on tick over :(

is it easy to rebuild and do i need to balance ect if so where would i have that done

i have a ar.47 on rear and .48 front a t25 ive been told and got a recipt for a 360 bearing and essex turbo id number

what kit would i need to rebuild or if i need to buy a second had turbo will any t25 bolt on ?

Adam L
18-07-2009, 12:49
If it's smoking you've got no chance of rebuilding it by yourself. If a turbo starts to smoke it means certain bits are worn and now require oversized parts and machining, which you won't be able to do.

bye_all_c_ya
18-07-2009, 14:38
wont it just be the bearing gone?

Adam L
18-07-2009, 14:41
There's more parts to a turbo than a bearing.

bye_all_c_ya
18-07-2009, 17:20
there is no in and out movement and only side to side movement it been stood for over 2-3 years and was the first time its been used. what parts get damaged ? and machining?

them repair kits look like they have almost every part in them :)?

Ashy
19-07-2009, 22:34
there is no in and out movement and only side to side movement it been stood for over 2-3 years and was the first time its been used. what parts get damaged ? and machining?

them repair kits look like they have almost every part in them :)?

Worth a shot mate, my T3 has a small oil leak past the rear seal so I rebuilt it and its spot on now. Also re-built a T25 for another RTOC member which is now spot on. Just make sure you mark the positions of the wheels in relation to each other then theres no need to get it ballanced!

this may help

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20051009.Garrett_T25_Turbo_Rebuild/?all