PDA

View Full Version : What is there to do in Colchester

Chris Hebden
17-07-2009, 14:50
Well me, the mrs and her two little'ns are off to her parents caravan for a week tomorow on Mersea Island. What is there to do in the area? Any thoughts? Cheers Chris

Bigfoot
17-07-2009, 15:05
Go colchester Zoo, haven't been there in years, you got clacton just down the road if the weather is nice. good in doors go karting track there. bowling, and quasar (spelling) or walk around the town centre, not a bad shopping area plenty of shops there.

Chris Hebden
17-07-2009, 15:19
We've done Colchester Zoo before and it was pretty good, that is on the list already! I wanna have a walk around Colchester it self as i havent really been to the centre apart from to go to the Odeon, isnt there a Castle there or something?

Bigfoot
17-07-2009, 15:27
Castle / ruins, its near the centre of it, you can see the old wall, never been inside but im sure theres things to see in that area. How about come come buy some stuff off me :D

Chris Hebden
17-07-2009, 15:37
LOL what have you got to offer??? The Mrs would kill me mind, but a sneaky visit out could be arranged i'm sure! Do you live in the area?

Bigfoot
17-07-2009, 15:46
You going to more than likely drive past my house if you go along the A120 :laugh:

Millions of parts in the car. Pretty much most of the interior of a car plus body kit of one, suspension tops, lights, engine, all the rubbers, glass and lots more im sure. Need to sort out what I dont need.

Chris Hebden
17-07-2009, 15:48
You going to more than likely drive past my house if you go along the A120 :laugh:

Millions of parts in the car. Pretty much most of the interior of a car plus body kit of one, suspension tops, lights, engine, all the rubbers, glass and lots more im sure. Need to sort out what I dont need.

Ah that side of Colchester, i think we will be coming in on the B1408 straight into the centre then right down to Mersea!

You have a PM

Simon .J. Rose
17-07-2009, 16:28
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Did you know theres only one road onto Mersea Island which floods at high tide so you might want to check the tide times before hand.:)

Chris Hebden
17-07-2009, 16:44
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Did you know theres only one road onto Mersea Island which floods at high tide so you might want to check the tide times before hand.:)

:agree: i did thank you matey, apparently Shellies parents have a tied book that tells you the estimated time of flooding! Apparently you can just get down the middle but never tried YET!

r5 rich
17-07-2009, 21:11
I drove through the centre of the road before in my 106 and just got through. I had a few splatters but it got through and that was not even at high tide!!!

There is also Rollerworld which is in Colchester which is a roller skating rink.