PDA

View Full Version : Refurbed wheels and MOT

Purple_rob
17-07-2009, 09:52
After discovering I was over due on my MOT (oops) I had to quick sharp refurb my wheels and get the ticket.

The wheels were alot harder than I first thought. It was a big job to rub them down and even though I tried sand blasting the best was was actually elbow grease and some 400 grit paper.

After I had taken all the crap off and keying them all over I put them in primer and started work on rubbing them down with some 800 paper ready for painting.

After some paint and laquer I popped them down to my local tyre fitter and was releaved of 50 quid for fitting/balancing and new valves. To be honest I wasnt too fussed with the price at 12.50 each as I believe the bigger companies (formula one) etc wont even touch them if you dont buy their products?

Glad to say the same day it flew through the ticket with no problems at all.

I treated her to a nice clean and was fortunate to borrow the in-laws SLR camera. The camera does lie here though. The pictures look sweet and seem to hide some of the blemishes (dents :wasntme: ).

A little disapointed with the colour of the wheels as over the last week the colour has changed and the metallic seems to have dropped back in the paint.

Was only my fault though as I mixed the paint from old silver's lying around my uncle paint shop.

However its alot nicer to drive with these new tyres fitted :)

davefox
17-07-2009, 10:12
good effort for home jobbie well done matey :D

Purple_rob
17-07-2009, 10:59
Thanks,

Havnt been able to get a pictue of the finish wheels up yet as there on my phone :), but will add when I can.

JRP
17-07-2009, 11:37
I love refurbing wheels and rollcages lol they look coooool dude, good efforts :):)

raj
17-07-2009, 15:17
ive got my turbines to pick up from being blasted tomorrow, but for the life of me i cant think of what colout to paint them:scratch:
im wanting a 2-tone colour and what them to look abit different,
i think im going to do them the same pattern as mr5 (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=107&pictureid=846) has done with his sexual grey/orange turbines:cool: but im unsue on what 2 colours to use:scratch:

anyone with/good at photoshop fancy knocking up a few 2-toned turbines..?
:)