PDA

View Full Version : MOT Today

James5
17-07-2009, 09:45
Have put the little 5 GTT in for MOT again today, after a problamatic saturday MOT attempt just gone to which it was aborted due to fuel pump failing (Was on an ignition live), starter failing, so unable to move the car:crap: the car literally passed the emissions test and a few other checks where done (lights, indicators) then the car decided to die and wouldn't start again so I had fun getting it home (thankfully just around the corner), they also mentioned a few things to me to sort for when I next bring it in like the Horn worked when pushed then didn't work again and drivers side window motor had also stopped half way down:crap:.

I have now sorted the above problems out and done the starter mod in the article section which does seem to allow the car to start a little quicker.
I am just hoping that the car will get through ok I know there is a slight gearbox leak but not sure if they will pick this up in the MOT or not?

Sy5GTT
17-07-2009, 09:54
Good luck mate. They shouldn't bother with the oil leak unless it's dangerous. :agree:

James5
17-07-2009, 09:57
Good luck mate. They shouldn't bother with the oil leak unless it's dangerous. :agree:

What's classed as dangerous? it's not pissing out but it does leave a small puddle on the drive:eek::scared:

Sy5GTT
17-07-2009, 10:05
If it doesn't mean it's dangerous to drive it should be ok. I use to help MOT cars and oil leaks was not a check item. Brake fluid etc but not engine/gear oil. You should be ok. I got mine MOT'd the other year with oil pissing out of the timing cover and they didn't fail it on that. Just the sills both side's.......:cry:

Spooky
17-07-2009, 10:06
The leak shouldn't be a problem as long as the garage doesn't deem it excessive I think.

I'm pretty sure they'll mention to you about getting it sorted out. If it was one the driveshaft gaitors for example, you would fail.

You'll be fine dude, nothing you can't fix if it did for some reason, not pass :agree:

James5
17-07-2009, 12:25
Just got a call from the garage and it passed with the 1 advisory of parking brake light only just meeting requirments:D well chuffed with that.

car.crash
17-07-2009, 12:29
that cars solid, of course it was going to pass :)

James5
17-07-2009, 12:34
that cars solid, of course it was going to pass :)

:laugh: as you say there is no rust on the bloody thing and I undersealed it in the summer, but as you know it was Bod's old car so it was very well looked after prior to me by Andrew. Any car Bod own's is very well looked after and money not spared at all.

James5
17-07-2009, 14:04
Well all good drove the car home which is about 1-2 miles away within speed limits and by the time I got home there was some weird ticking noise coming from the turbo side of the engine (metal ticking)?? Any ideas when revved it stays but doesn't get any faster or slower.

And no it is not a clock or a bomb:laugh:. It wasn't doing it before the MOT either:confused: