PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Slipping Issue.

Matt Cole
17-07-2009, 07:48
This is really peeing me off. I had a volvo 480 t 215 clutch installed previously and was fine for a while until one day i couldnt get gears. I removed the stop block on the pedal assembly and slipped the quadrant by pulling on the black hinje part and let it self set, and the gears where then selectable. Problem now though was that the clutch was slipping as the cable was tight and disengaging the clutch slightly. I removed the clutch when the engine was out and relaced the friction plate with a paddle. Checked the pressure plate and release bearing and all seemed ok. Put it all back together and still the same!! If i let the pedal self set, then i can just about get gears bar reverse and the clutck wont slip. If i pull on the pedal upwards one click i get full use of gears but then it slips and the cable is too tight holding the clutch off.

Any ideas? Could it be the pedal/cable?

Matt Cole
19-07-2009, 09:59
Any one had this before? Me and the Mr Ash had a play with it yesterday and it was a better messing about with the clutch quadrant. Its as if the there is little happy medium, its either get gears and have te clutch slip or have hard to select gears but no clutch slip.

Weird one.

i l k e r
23-07-2010, 10:55
Currently I have the same exact problem on my 5.

Does anyone have any idea about this?

Matt Cole
23-07-2010, 13:07
Ilker, i have slipped the ratchet manually and set it that way ie tension against the cable but not so that it is too tight and hold the clutch. Been ok like this for a while now with no slip

andyrg
23-07-2010, 13:53
MATT I have a full clutch and breake pedal/serve unit from a 1.8 16v clio think they fit the 5's :)

Coops
23-07-2010, 14:01
sounds like the ratchet assembly is broken

TrixNFlix
23-08-2010, 08:55
I'm having this exact same problem, Matt,did you manage to rectify this issue?

IANMM
23-08-2010, 09:18
i had a similar prob solved it with

washers on the clutch arm assembler (so the adj didn't need to adj it self so much the washers took up most of the slack)

and secondly my gear sector rod under the car needed adjustment + the bush was missing from the inside)

now its not exactly the same issue but might be worth a try..??