PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 2010

Mart
16-07-2009, 10:02
Talk of this has been banded round by a few of us recently, so I thought I'd throw it out to the rtoc masses to see what interest there is.

In short, it would be an rtoc jolly akin to our Nurburgring trips, except this one will be panned out over a few days more, roughing it in ya tent for several nights, and possibly taking in a Euro trackday before/afterwards too.

I've never been to LM before, thus not too clued up on the ins & outs of it all, but I know that PhilB, RinkyDink, and Tommy TK have been previously, and being the top bananas they are, I'm sure they'll be able to advise on what's what :agree: ;)

All I know at the mo is that it's provisonally earmarked for the weekend of the 12th/13th June, and that if we are going to go we need to book the camping slots asap, even more so if there's a good size group of us going.

Spooky
16-07-2009, 10:11
Mart, I'm in on this.

I've done numerous GP's and the whole build up to the day is awesome.

This is the one thing I would give over all the GP's I've been and seen over the last 3yrs :agree:

And I'm pretty sure my missus would be up for it too :D

Duncan Grier
16-07-2009, 10:24
Mart as per email, up for this but with yourself - never been yet :)

DG

stuTHC
16-07-2009, 11:45
:cool: Mart organising a track day?? wow!!
how much will it be? is it open pit lane? :p

Woznaldo
16-07-2009, 12:29
I did Le Mans in '96 and had a ball! Did a convoy there, set up camp site, a couple of lads in Shogun and Disco took out seats, went to the local Hyper Market and got the beer in. We then stored the beer in a kids paddling pool with a gazebo over the top.

Gotta say, I only remember some of the warm up races and about 30 mins at the start and finish. The rest was a bit of a haze!!!:D

It's almost home from home (UK) as the majority of spectators are Brits anyway (60-70%)

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-07-2009, 12:49
:agree: count me in.

stuTHC
16-07-2009, 12:58
As per text Mart, what track/tracks have you got in mind on route?
I could fancy doing one on the way there and one on the way back :agree:

clee
16-07-2009, 13:06
Hmmmm ....plenty of time to save the pennies then :)
Re track day ,my mate in France with the Spiders knows all the circuits and events.He might well be able to get some good deals for us and sort out the details .He did set up a French trackday website for Brits but that all went a bit quiet ....

Mart
16-07-2009, 13:52
Stu, nothing's set in stone regarding the trackday in France, so I'm open to suggestions. I've always wanted to drive Magny Cours & Paul Ricard though, but the latter is a bit too far to drive, plus it's a power/high speed track hence not really suited to gtt's.

Magny Cours is do-able though, and not too bad a drive to/from Le Mans.

Was thinking that it would be nice to get the French gtt boys & girls involved as well, seeing as they regularly come to our ND's. I'm all for sinking some beers with our French compatriots, whilst watching the LM motors roaring past at silly speeds :)

stuTHC
16-07-2009, 14:34
Was thinking that it would be nice to get the French gtt boys & girls involved as well, seeing as they regularly come to our ND's. I'm all for sinking some beers with our French compatriots, whilst watching the LM motors roaring past at silly speeds :)

:cool: Im speaking to Stephane quite a lot via pm to arrange a trip over to their ND next year for the RTOC posse. Ill mention this to him as well, they are a game bunch so im sure they'll be up for it, ill let you know ;)

AlexS
16-07-2009, 15:16
Sounds good Martin. I'm pretty sure we need a meeting, with plenty of beer, some good food and a trackday to discuss and plan this.;):beer:Any ideas :scratch: ;)

Bruce - BHPerformance
16-07-2009, 15:19
I am deffinately going in 2010 and Gav will too. We went for the week in 2008 and it was awesome. Even the police egg you on to do burnouts and drift round the roundabouts! :D Make sure you take supersoakers for mad thursday/friday. ;)

Big Steve - Raider
16-07-2009, 15:32
Count Millie & I in for a bit of this!! :niceone:

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-07-2009, 15:37
Mart as per email, up for this but with yourself - never been yet :)

DG

Once again i am left out of the mass emails....:sad2: :scared::cry::D

JRP
16-07-2009, 16:44
Count me in, although id need to hop it and pay petrol for sombody (all the petrol ;) ):) as i doubt ile be able to drive long distances

Chris Rinkydink
16-07-2009, 16:53
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Talk of this has been banded round by a few of us recently, so I thought I'd throw it out to the rtoc masses to see what interest there is.

In short, it would be an rtoc jolly akin to our Nurburgring trips, except this one will be panned out over a few days more, roughing it in ya tent for several nights, and possibly taking in a Euro trackday before/afterwards too.

I've never been to LM before, thus not too clued up on the ins & outs of it all, but I know that PhilB, RinkyDink, and Tommy TK have been previously, and being the top bananas they are, I'm sure they'll be able to advise on what's what :agree: ;)

All I know at the mo is that it's provisonally earmarked for the weekend of the 12th/13th June, and that if we are going to go we need to book the camping slots asap, even more so if there's a good size group of us going.

Ez Mart... Good old LeMans... Talk to phil and he will give you the run down on the whole thing. Defo be there again, hopfuly in the RS4;) As you know we go every year so we have the whole trip locked down bud. It's nice seeing Tom and co there and last year with Bruce. Good to see the rest there! Chat soon me old breadbin...:smokin:

Chris Rinkydink
16-07-2009, 16:59
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_E_UYbLit4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LHp0ZWdfU&feature=related

This year was the nutz.. Coz the sun was out....:cool:

Mart
16-07-2009, 18:43
Ez Mart... Good old LeMans... Talk to phil and he will give you the run down on the whole thing. Defo be there again, hopfuly in the RS4;) As you know we go every year so we have the whole trip locked down bud. It's nice seeing Tom and co there and last year with Bruce. Good to see the rest there! Chat soon me old breadbin...:smokin:

Alright Chris mate :)

I was kinda relying on you, Phil, and Tom Tk to help give some hints & tips about getting there, etc as I know you guys are old hands at this now. I've emailed Tom about it today, and I sent Phil a message on Facebook the other night, so hopefully you guys can come up trumps with some advice.

I'm happy to organise all this from the rtoc point of view, and the trackday too, but just need some base knowledge about LM/camping there to get the ball rolling.

Looks a good crowd interested already :cool: :agree:

Mart
16-07-2009, 18:56
Sounds good Martin. I'm pretty sure we need a meeting, with plenty of beer, some good food and a trackday to discuss and plan this.;):beer:Any ideas :scratch: ;)

:D Well, there's ND @ Mallory for starters, and there's a trackday already waiting in the wings for November time, but details of that will be released after ND.

AlexS
16-07-2009, 19:27
:D Well, there's ND @ Mallory for starters

That's what I was hinting at mate.;) Ticket is purchased, so I'm there.

Mart
16-07-2009, 19:33
:cool: :agree:

T.K
22-07-2009, 14:22
- Time to get tickets booked is now.

- Stay in Maison Blanche or Houx. I prefer Houx as it's clean and reasonably quiet, but close to the full on lunacy of Mad Friday.

- You'll need some half decent camping equipment. It can get hot. And it may rain a lot.

- It's bloody good fun.

Bruce - BHPerformance
22-07-2009, 16:02
What ferry are you going on? We went Poole-CHerbourg and it was a nice SHORT drive down compared to going via Dover. It was more expensive and an overnighter but we woke up refreshed, had breakfast and drove 300 odd miles to Le Man. :D

T.K
22-07-2009, 17:24
I have done Portsmouth to Cherbourg, but the best route I have found is Dover to Calais (cheapness), rinse it down the A28 to Rouen and then hit the D roads for a bit of a play. N138 is essential for the last 20 miles or so. :agree: