PDA

View Full Version : Pipe issue

Tillax
15-07-2009, 23:13
Dudes,

I have an issue with my pipes!

As you can see in the pictures this pipe has become disconnected and keeps popping out as it almost doesn't reach. I have no idea what it is or what it does :ashamed:...is it important and what can I do to make sure it stays put?

Tar

TrixNFlix
15-07-2009, 23:20
That's a breather pipe dude. It circulates hot oily air back into the boost circuit.

Tillax
15-07-2009, 23:24
That's a breather pipe dude. It circulates hot oily air back into the boost circuit.

Thanks, I'm sure I could persuade it to get back in its hole but it doesn't seem very secure. Should it be?

rich-hgtt
15-07-2009, 23:25
Put a jublly clip on it?

Tillax
15-07-2009, 23:48
Put a jublly clip on it?

not sure if one will fit as there's not much for it to grip onto on the telephone hose

Mart
15-07-2009, 23:54
Re-position the breather pipe as such so that it's 'pushing' into the air-filter telephone hose.

Alternatively, seeing as it's introducing hot, oily vapour back into the cold air intake (ie, not good), plumb it into a catch-tank.

Tillax
16-07-2009, 09:31
Re-position the breather pipe as such so that it's 'pushing' into the air-filter telephone hose.

Alternatively, seeing as it's introducing hot, oily vapour back into the cold air intake (ie, not good), plumb it into a catch-tank.

Ok, thanks Mart, I think I'll just re position the breather pipe. I just wasn't sure if the pipe should be fastened in any way.

Thanks again

Mart
16-07-2009, 10:05
It's not fastened/secured as such mate, it's just a snug fit.

If it's constantly popping out though, that might also suggest a bit of heavy breathing going on...

Tillax
16-07-2009, 10:45
It's not fastened/secured as such mate, it's just a snug fit.

If it's constantly popping out though, that might also suggest a bit of heavy breathing going on...

Thanks Mart, no, I don't think the engine got any heavy breathing issues, It's just that at the moment the pipe doesn't quite reach. I'll have a mess around with the pipe and the pipe work brackets and persude it in!

Thanks

Junglist
16-07-2009, 11:44
you can just see mine on this pic mate its got like a brass pipe or connector in it

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=385&pictureid=7214

or if you think your hose is too short there is a new standard one on ebay ,, ;);) wink

Junglist
16-07-2009, 11:53

can i do that as i get a fair bit of oil in my intercooler pipes ,i think by blocking the tele hose hole up and redirecting the breather would help stop it , would i just add a t peice to the pipe that allready goes to the rocker ?