PDA

View Full Version : citroen c2 1.1 help

Kempy
15-07-2009, 18:30
A friend of mine has been having a problem with there car, engine light came on all of a sudden and it lost power. I had a look today, and its running on three cylinders.
So i started by checking the plugs, all fine except one ( closest to the fly ). This was black and damp with fuel. First i checked it was sparking, it was. So now im thinking the injector? Has anyone worked on these before or heard of such a problem?
Sorry for the essay, any help would be much appreciated. :)

Dan O'Neill
15-07-2009, 19:54
Yes mate im a citroen tech its a common fault the washer jets leak water onto the injectors, we change all the injectors and both washer jets.

Kempy
15-07-2009, 20:04
Yes mate im a citroen tech its a common fault the washer jets leak water onto the injectors, we change all the injectors and both washer jets.

Does this also affect the coil pack? A friend of mine works for the AA, and said these break down? Would a diagnostic check show me the fault?

Dan O'Neill
16-07-2009, 19:00
Yeah I forgot to put the coil pack is another fault its not caused by the washer jets, and if i can remember correct the coil pack is about £65 not sure about the injectors but its a hell of alot more and we do all four cause there are modified ones if it hasn't already had them from a previous recall.

A diagnois check with the lexia would tell you the faults and Pcodes.

Kempy
21-07-2009, 00:11
Cheers for the help mate, changed the coil pack today and plugs. Jobs a goodun. Running well now. :agree:

Dan O'Neill
21-07-2009, 19:59
Glad you got it running good, If you need anymore help with citroens I will do my best.