PDA

View Full Version : Project idea

FurioKid
13-07-2009, 22:13
Was recently thinking of a new project idea. my mate might be selling his lil extra van and thought of having it off of him, but what would i need if i wanted to fit a 2.0 Williams lump in it?

presume i'd need the williams wiring loom, ecu and engine mounts? has anyone else done this??

was just an idea i was toying with :D

Markey Mark (BD)
13-07-2009, 22:25
There's a pink Extra van going round with a 16v lump in it, not sure if its a 1.8 or 2.0 Williams lump.

Will be the same conversion as a 5 so need all the same bits, engine, ecu, wiring, pipework, rad, a suitable fuel pump, etc

FurioKid
14-07-2009, 01:37
what is needed for the 5 conversion, couldn't find any posts on it??

is it better to get a doner car thats spares/repair to just swap all the bits over on??

would the dash/instrument panel need swapping over aswell to wire in the loom ro just convert it over??

can't say i've done one yet, thats why i thought it'd be something to have a play with if i went for it as could do with a van for work, but fancy abit of power to boot :laugh: and fancied having a play with either the 1.8 or 2.0 16v engines

FQ200turbo
14-07-2009, 10:00
complete engine, and new engine and gearbox mounts
driveshafts, and gearbox you can use Gtturbo

djinuk
14-07-2009, 10:29
I think a decent honda engine such as the B16 or similar into a r5 would be nice. A guy called sandy has recently fitted one into a 205 and most people are having high hopes for it. Not sure how feasible it would be into an r5 as it was a big job fitting to the 205.