PDA

View Full Version : VW Polo project

Dan O'Neill
13-07-2009, 20:52
Ive decided to sell my gt turbo due to poor condition, I bought a clio 1.8 16v to replace it and im gonna make it mint but ive got a real urge to go VW so i would like to get a MK3 polo (the G40 shape) and put a VR6 engine in it then turbo it.
I need some advise so if anyone who knows a bit about tuning veedubs, how hard would it be to get it in, would any work be needed to be carried out to the shell?
Ive seen these polos with this engine fitted but just need some help with the job itself. Thanks

Big Jim
13-07-2009, 23:29
Just my opinion but don't fit a VR6 lump, they weigh a bloody ton and don't make that much power (terrible heads). My Mk2 1900 16v has kept up with any VR6 engined Golf I've come across. The R32 is much better but still far too heavy. It doesn't make the same noise but you can't beat a 20v turbo lump. If you want to be radical try one of the 14/1600 16v engines and turbo or supercharge that. Plenty (well probably enough anyway!) of power to be had and much better handling.

Edit: I know the VR6 has got one head....

Dan O'Neill
14-07-2009, 21:33
Its either gonna be a VR6T or a 20valve turbo I love the sound from both.

I started my apprentiship at a VW specialized many years ago and love Veedubs ive never had one and really want one now. mk2 golf or mk3 polo are what im after when ive sorted some money out and sorted out my renaults.

Thanks for your input. :agree: