PDA

View Full Version : heater wiring problem??

davefox
11-07-2009, 16:43
hiya guys well my 5 has gone off to paint shop now and everything on the car has been removed. now when we removed the heater matrix we noticed a wire coming through the bulk head and into the back of the fan its self..

this wire was just on the back of the fan and acting as a permant 12volt supply. meaning the fan is on all the time.

now of course this is not how i want it wired i want it done the "proper way" now ive tried powering the yellow wire which is on the fan control speed switch and changing the speed doesnt power the fan at all.

But there is a connection that appears to be missing but its a very clean cut so when looking at it. it seems it shouldnt be there anyway.

but once i apply power to this connection the fan powers up on full. the connection in the picture ive suppled is the blank connection above the fan.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/davidfoxley/5%20gt/5heater.jpg

hope ive explained my self cleary lol any help would be very much greatful :D

davefox
21-07-2009, 13:27
anyone got any ideas on this since car is gonna start to be put back together soon and need this sorted... or anyone local to me kent area with a spare heater (whole unit big black thing under dash) will need this soonish :)

James5
21-07-2009, 13:34
anyone got any ideas on this since car is gonna start to be put back together soon and need this sorted... or anyone local to me kent area with a spare heater (whole unit big black thing under dash) will need this soonish :)
I wouldn't bother with 2nd hand heating parts get a new matrix matey not worth the hassle of fitting used.

davefox
21-07-2009, 14:04
right problem ive got is fan only works on full but i dont know why!! if its a case of the fan needs replacing or the electric control unit inside the matrix its self......

Bigfoot
21-07-2009, 14:40
PM your mobile number, ill send the picture tonight when im at home of the complete unit, sorry I keep forgetting to do so as I did say I would take pictures of it