PDA

View Full Version : head-manifold gasket change

Deano
09-07-2009, 13:56
Hey guy's, I'm planning on changing my manifold gasket and thought i'd do my head gasket at the same time,
Also i'll be changing my turbo !

I've looked at the article for changing the manifold gasket but i can't find one for the H/G,
Have you got any tips for me while i'm doing the jobs and and specific tools that i might not have thought of ?
Cheers :coffee:

Bigfoot
09-07-2009, 14:01
Yep, if you haven't got a haynes manual already, go get yourself one. Remember to take lots of pictures before removing pipe work if this is your first time. and take your time when doing the job.

Kempy
09-07-2009, 14:01
Best advice i can give is, "if it aint broke, dont fix it." :)

Deano
09-07-2009, 14:05
I got a Haynes :agree: but i can never understand what its on about until i've got started actually doing the job !

Deano
09-07-2009, 14:06
Best advice i can give is, "if it aint broke, dont fix it." :)
Suspected manifold leak and my turbo is shot so i might as well do it all at once ??:agree::disagree:

Spooky
09-07-2009, 14:16
do a compression test to see if all is well, youre looking for the readings to be within 10% of each other or better.

remove the turbo and the inlet manifold gasket is a bit easier to access.

don't bother doing the headgasket unless you're certain you have an issue related to it.

Deano
09-07-2009, 14:33
do a compression test to see if all is well, youre looking for the readings to be within 10% of each other or better.

remove the turbo and the inlet manifold gasket is a bit easier to access.

don't bother doing the headgasket unless you're certain you have an issue related to it.

I did a comp test not too long ago, i can't remember the results now but they where all consistent and high.

So i should leave the H/G then ? :agree::disagree:

Spooky
09-07-2009, 14:37
youve just answered your own question :agree: