PDA

View Full Version : Carb Screw Adjustments

Arrows
06-07-2009, 13:05
Can anyone give me a link to where i can find out what carb screw does what, i am sure its on here and i have used the search function but the list is very long, used to know them off the top of my head but its been a few years since i have touched one.

Its not idling very well, having to use the chock to keep the revs up and when it does idle at around 1000 rpm its very lumpy, anyone point me in the direction to that would be great.

Its also a bit over fuelled as i can smell that also.

Thanks People.

Kenobi
06-07-2009, 13:18
Big one on side is idle jet. You can take that out give it a good blowie and put it back.

Tiny little one thats facing towards you upwards if your over drivers side is the mixture screw.

Im not ya man to tell ya how to set up that though. perhaps someone else can help there. :agree:

Arrows
06-07-2009, 13:23
Big one on side is idle jet. You can take that out give it a good blowie and put it back.

Tiny little one thats facing towards you upwards if your over drivers side is the mixture screw.

Im not ya man to tell ya how to set up that though. perhaps someone else can help there. :agree:

Cheers, a picture or two would also be great if anyone can help.

Kempy
06-07-2009, 13:32
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4734
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4743

Have a read through those mate. There is some good info there.

Arrows
06-07-2009, 13:44
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4734
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4743

Have a read through those mate. There is some good info there.

Top man, cheers.

Arrows
07-07-2009, 23:24
OK a question, if you adjust the idle screw which direction does what, clockwise it will do what and anti clock wise it will do what, i can not get it to idle at anything below 1500rpm for some reason, has been off the road for some time so i gues it may need a strip and re-build of the carb, runs perfectly apart from this.

IANMM
07-07-2009, 23:29
OK a question, if you adjust the idle screw which direction does what, clockwise it will do what and anti clock wise it will do what, i can not get it to idle at anything below 1500rpm for some reason, has been off the road for some time so i gues it may need a strip and re-build of the carb, runs perfectly apart from this.

clockwise increase anti-clockwise decreases it.......you will prob find your accel cable is tight preventing it from going back to its fully closed position

Arrows
07-07-2009, 23:32
clockwise increase anti-clockwise decreases it.......you will prob find your accel cable is tight preventing it from going back to its fully closed position

Thanks as for the cable its fine, if i put the choke all the way in then the car stalls, if i kep the revs at 1500 its fien, just if i drop the revs to sat 1000rpm it stalls and will not tick over.

IANMM
07-07-2009, 23:37
Thanks as for the cable its fine, if i put the choke all the way in then the car stalls, if i kep the revs at 1500 its fien, just if i drop the revs to sat 1000rpm it stalls and will not tick over.

we talking from cold.....??

IANMM
07-07-2009, 23:40
clean the idel jet and give the carb a good clean with carb cleaner....took me 3 times to get my carb fully cleaned out...

Arrows
07-07-2009, 23:40
we talking from cold.....??

No it will not idle when the car is fully upto temperature.

Arrows
07-07-2009, 23:41
clean the idel jet and give the carb a good clean with carb cleaner....took me 3 times to get my carb fully cleaned out...

Did you have the same issue?

IANMM
07-07-2009, 23:45
i did after i rebuilt my carb....what is the history....has it alsways been like this or is it a recent thing??? have you changed anything recently?

Arrows
08-07-2009, 08:49
i did after i rebuilt my carb....what is the history....has it alsways been like this or is it a recent thing??? have you changed anything recently?

No its been off the road for a while and was fine before it was off the road so i take it the carb must be dirty, ill give it a good clean and see what happens.

Thanks

IANMM
08-07-2009, 08:52
clean clean and more clean....like i said it took me a good 2-3 times of cleaning it to get all the crap out......if you got an airline use that to blow it through aswell