PDA

View Full Version : headgasket gone

R5GTTRaider
05-07-2009, 21:27
firstly if its taking on water and not oil this would just be hg right? its not mising fluids nor losing oil pressure or level

so thats good i suppose,

start a fu.cking job tuesday and doing a days work at my aunties tomorrow for £100!!:cry::cry::cry:

RICHIE
05-07-2009, 21:29
firstly if its taking on water and not oil this would just be hg right? its not mising fluids nor losing oil pressure or level

so thats good i suppose,

start a fu.cking job tuesday and doing a days work at my aunties tomorrow for £100!!:cry::cry::cry:

so are you loosing water then. im presuming you done a compression test as you stated cylinder one had a fault on it in the other thread.

Markey Mark (BD)
05-07-2009, 21:30
Where you loosing the water? Is it building up pressure in the watere system? Is the engine missing?

R5GTTRaider
05-07-2009, 23:26
Where you loosing the water? Is it building up pressure in the watere system? Is the engine missing?
engine is missing . havent done comression test, its losing water out the exhaust, but not mixing fluids

seemed fine once cold and no pressure in water system

Kenobi
06-07-2009, 07:54
I would bleed the system and start again just to make sure.

R5GTTRaider
06-07-2009, 08:23
what do you mean
what do you think has happened?

id drove apsolutly fine to my dads, then half way home, using preety much no boost as i have a spring holding wategate closed, then driving steadly at 45/50 smoke just came out when i took my foot off the pedal to start slowing down, which is when it started missing, it must have gone very lightly becasue it wasnt dramatic! like i was on full boot hammering it, which i suppose can only be good from the view of just replacing the hg

Bigfoot
06-07-2009, 09:29
no boost as i have a spring holding wategate closed,

Erm, if you talking about the actuator, you want it so the turbo wastegate is open all the time, not closed. Sure the turbo hasn't just gone?

rs250nut
06-07-2009, 17:31
[quote=R5GTTRaider;82815]what do you mean

id drove apsolutly fine to my dads, then half way home, using preety much no boost as i have a SPRING HOLDING THE WASTEGATE SHUT

This is why its gone bang:ashamed:

R5GTTRaider
06-07-2009, 21:40
[quote=R5GTTRaider;82815]what do you mean

id drove apsolutly fine to my dads, then half way home, using preety much no boost as i have a SPRING HOLDING THE WASTEGATE SHUT

This is why its gone bang:ashamed:
very unlikly, drove with a spring on the acuater before, casued no damage, i drove to my dads, wastegate open, and with a spring that held around 10/11psi so doubght it has been casued by this

rather the fact the acuater made the turbo overboosted and started pinking at which point the acuater arm was disconnected and i drove home with o boost
then back to my dads, swapped rads bled it all up got it to running temps, took it for a drive, then all was fine then on way home again it went, on NO boost on deacceliration

Markey Mark (BD)
06-07-2009, 21:42
The pinking you mentioned before would have done the damage already, just a matter of time before it finally went

R5GTTRaider
06-07-2009, 23:03
yes i thought as much, its a shame but i wasnt to know:cry: