PDA

View Full Version : For those using the track at National Day

Tiny Tim
20-09-2008, 14:41
Im sure you can all read, but for those who didnt bother looking at the enclosed letter that arrived with your tickets...

PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:

All road tyres are fine to use on the Mallory circuit, but if you use slicks a minimum of a half roll cage is required.

I dont want people turning up with just slicks and no cage expecting to get on track... I WONT lend you my Nangkangs...:laugh:

D4WNO
20-09-2008, 14:42
Yup and you MUST wear a helmet, they're not available to hire on the day so you'll need to bring one from home.

Tiny Tim
20-09-2008, 14:43
Yup and you MUST wear a helmet, they're not available to hire on the day so you'll need to bring one from home.

And that...

clee
20-09-2008, 14:58
Im sure you can all read, but for those who didnt bother looking at the enclosed letter that arrived with your tickets...

I dont want people turning up with just slicks and no cage expecting to get on track... I WONT lend you my Nangkangs...:laugh:

Your Nakangs wouldn't fit me ,dear Boy :rolleyes:

Andrew Cooke
20-09-2008, 14:59

Tim hasn't taken his off since he got his tickets

Martyn....11 Turbo
20-09-2008, 15:13
Tim hasn't taken his off since he got his tickets

LOL :laugh:

warpspeed
21-09-2008, 13:01
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

What's the story with road legal cut slicks? they are brand spanking avon tech r's with dot/e marking yet only have two grooves around the tyre, i'll take them anyway and see what the scrutineers say but would be good to find out now :)

Andrew Cooke
21-09-2008, 13:12
I'd guess that if it's road legal you wouldn't need a cage.

That said, if you've gone to the expense of buying dedicated track tyres to use on a car with the crash protection of an oil can you may want to consider your sanity.

car.crash
21-09-2008, 15:42
also dont forget your driving licence.

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-09-2008, 16:57
I'd guess that if it's road legal you wouldn't need a cage.

That said, if you've gone to the expense of buying dedicated track tyres to use on a car with the crash protection of an oil can you may want to consider your sanity.

exactly what i thought when i saw folks from our club driving the ring with no helmets.....:eek::laugh:

Penfold aka The Dealer
21-09-2008, 17:09
exactly what i thought when i saw folks from our club driving the ring with no helmets.....:eek::laugh:

Ah but how much do you see in your mirrors when going round the ring? I have a simple answer about crash helmet use.... dont crash... simple.

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-09-2008, 17:21
Ah but how much do you see in your mirrors when going round the ring? I have a simple answer about crash helmet use.... dont crash... simple.

Hmm thats good advice..im glad i allways listen to you shoppers...and your a ....what................driving instructor...:laugh::burnrubber:

warpspeed
21-09-2008, 19:35
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I wore my helmet at the 'ring :cool: I now have the loan of a cage for mallory till i build my own so that's me sorted :D

clee
21-09-2008, 20:11
Did anyone watch BTCC this afternoon ? Think on :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjT61XQ7q0Y

warpspeed
21-09-2008, 20:22
SHUSH! Im watching it now! :D

Mart
21-09-2008, 21:07
What's with all the scare-mongering vid's & pic's of cars crashing on track? RTOC has always had a 100% safety record at trackdays/'Ring trips, and I see no reason why that should change at Mallory.

Surely we're trying to entice (more) members onto the track, not scaring them off.

warpspeed
21-09-2008, 21:09
:agree:

Adey aka Ewok
21-09-2008, 21:21
lol, see what ure saying martin, just wana make sure peeps aint going out there giving it beyond what there car can give

Mart
21-09-2008, 21:26
Adrian, did you give it the billy big bananas & crash first time you went out on track, or did you take it easy, learn the track, learn your car & how it handled, then built on both those things throughout the day?

;)

Let's keep that 100% safety record going :agree:

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-09-2008, 21:58
lol, see what ure saying martin, just wana make sure peeps aint going out there giving it beyond what there car can give

SEZ , HE WITH HIS "SAYINGS"....:laugh:

Adey aka Ewok
21-09-2008, 22:08
Adrian, did you give it the billy big bananas & crash first time you went out on track, or did you take it easy, learn the track, learn your car & how it handled, then built on both those things throughout the day?

;)

Let's keep that 100% safety record going :agree:

nah i hooned out gave it beans and stacked it on the first corner lol ;) not everyone in the BOOOOOSTED 35PSI GTT owning club thinks the same way i or you do tho martin. ill be taking it easy most of the day, 100% record is good by me

Andrew Cooke
21-09-2008, 22:30
SEZ , HE WITH HIS "SAYINGS"....:laugh:

they don't call him "Confucius of the Forest" for nothing :coffee:

Adey aka Ewok
21-09-2008, 22:40
what im trying to do is scare people into going so slow ill look fast lol

jesus in the seat of a 5
22-09-2008, 05:40

Ahh the truth is out @ last....:laugh:, dont worry ill be being towed by mr.m so youll have some one who youll pass @ least...;)

Big Steve - Raider
22-09-2008, 07:51

:coffee: Ah huh!

Sez he in one of the most track focused car's going from what i can see.... ;)

Tiny Tim
22-09-2008, 08:37

:laugh: Ah well, at least you'll sound like you're going fast... even on idle.

paul b
22-09-2008, 08:44
In my opinion it's safer to be on track than it is on the road......

everyone goes the same direction (usually),no crossroads or unexpected red lights....

if you drive within the limits of the car and track , no problems....
if you exceed these limits...know what to do to avoid an accident...

DON'T lift off the accelerator mid corners......bad, very bad...LOL.
DON'T harass a car in front, back off for half a lap and calm down...
DON'T think that the car in the front knows your there.

DO brake as hard as you can on track if you spin/loose control....10 feet of braking on track scrubs off more speed than 100 feet of braking on grass
DO watch the flags and marshall posts...they can see more than we can and they know what they are doing

Tiny Tim
22-09-2008, 08:49
:agree:

Good advice Paulos

clee
22-09-2008, 09:35
I didn't intend to scaremonger ,was just pointing out the benefits of having a cage installed .It was sort of fresh in my mind .

Adey aka Ewok
22-09-2008, 10:04
:coffee: Ah huh!

Sez he in one of the most track focused car's going from what i can see.... ;)

What u seen? Standard car bud ;)