PDA

View Full Version : Adaptronic help if you can.

TNT ANDY
05-07-2009, 10:18
Hi Guys,

Right the adaptronic unit has been installed now and I've had it running ignition only (not mapped) for some time and the car has started every time and strobbed correctly. I have recently changed my flywheel sensor to a 36-1 trigger wheels jobby and one of scoffs sensors. I can't get the thing running right. I have used the wizard in Wari to set up with no luck. The wheel has been positioned on the crank so that the missing tooth is approximately 90 deg BTD and the sensor has been temporarily wired useing trigger wheels 2 core + shield cable but the shield has not been connected to ground as I don't know how to do this or really which where to connect the sensor to on the 420b.

Any ideas???

Scoff
05-07-2009, 12:13
Hi Andy

When you say the missing tooth is 90deg BTDC, do you actually mean "before" the sensor ? It should be after the sensor with the engine locked off at TDC.

In other words, put the engine at TDC, move the wheel around so that the gap is 90deg PAST the sensor location, so at the timing belt end of the engine that is 90deg clockwise after the sensor.

Also, 90deg is a bit much really, set it to 80deg after the sensor.

TNT ANDY
06-07-2009, 06:40
Hi Andy

When you say the missing tooth is 90deg BTDC, do you actually mean "before" the sensor ? It should be after the sensor with the engine locked off at TDC.

In other words, put the engine at TDC, move the wheel around so that the gap is 90deg PAST the sensor location, so at the timing belt end of the engine that is 90deg clockwise after the sensor.

Also, 90deg is a bit much really, set it to 80deg after the sensor.

Doh! :cartman:

Right, I'll do that tonight.

Done- still wont run - will spend a bit o time on it tonight to see if I can get the thing ticking over and get a strobe on it. I think the sensor may be a little too far away from the wheel. I'll give it a crack and see if I can't get it a bit closer.

Over n oot.
:cartman:

Ashy
06-07-2009, 09:43
also check the wiring isn't inverted on the sensor!

TNT ANDY
06-07-2009, 18:31
also check the wiring isn't inverted on the sensor!

Really?

OK I'll give a go.

Anyone should I be doing option 1 or option 2 for connecting the CAS?

AS

Scoff
06-07-2009, 22:04
Is your wheel a 7.25" trigger-wheels wheel ? It needs to be to match that bracket. Even so there is sometimes variation in fitments, I always try to make the sensor bracket with its matching wheel, ofcourse I couldn't do that this time, so bracket may need a bit of a tweek :) Try to get the sensor no more than 1.5mm away from the wheel.

TNT ANDY
06-07-2009, 22:35
Is your wheel a 7.25" trigger-wheels wheel ? It needs to be to match that bracket. Even so there is sometimes variation in fitments, I always try to make the sensor bracket with its matching wheel, ofcourse I couldn't do that this time, so bracket may need a bit of a tweek :) Try to get the sensor no more than 1.5mm away from the wheel.

Yup it's the 7.25 wheel from Trigger wheels.com I've had most of the stuff for a while now and only recently had tim to get the thing up and running again. I think the wheel is right on the limit @ 1.5mm so I'll shimsome off it to get it a little closer. It was running a little earlier, hunting and blowing black smoke, I get the feeling that this was the wheel running ever so lightly out of true. once I'm happy with the position of the trigger wheel on the bottom pully I will centralise it and weld it on there.