PDA

View Full Version : will my car need an sva???

scott25
04-07-2009, 20:04
hello people, im about half way through my 5 project, the interior is completley stripped with only the dials and switches for certain things remaining and as ad the volvo engine conversian done and a few mates seem to think it will need an sva before i can get an mot due to the engine change, are they right or is an sva for structural changes only??
ps do i need to have the heater matrix and fan fore the mot?
to be honest any advice would be great thanks:)

Penfold aka The Dealer
04-07-2009, 20:20
Dont think you need to get in touch with the SVA, but you will have to let the DVLA know about the engine change. :)

scott25
04-07-2009, 20:27
thanks for that, one less thing to worry about :D

alister
04-07-2009, 21:05
it takes more than just changing an engine to require a sva, and with an mot you dont need a heater, the sva requires one tho, and if you strip out the interrior and dash its fine for the mot aslong as you have indicator lights, hazard light and full beam warning light, you dont need a speedo for the mot

scott25
04-07-2009, 21:20
thats great ta mate, good to hear about the speedo cos it didnt work with the 5 loom and it dont work with the volvo loom but still think it would be best fixed lol

Scoff
04-07-2009, 22:08
as the guys say, it's not an sva issue, its usually structural / altered monocoque that needs sva. ofcourse, no body bothers... :laugh: