PDA

View Full Version : thats blown it..........

J8TRO
04-07-2009, 00:41
We'll after me, Morg and IANM struggled for the last 2 nights to fit my down pipe (no laughing it was a mare!) the car left the garage tonight ready for Renault World Series tomorrow only to pop its turbo in a large ploom of smoke as it pulled onto the carrage way.........:confused: :wasntme: ha ha ha (i love the unpredictability!)

We'll all this means is that it's now time to build it properly, watch this space.........

Oh..........its a little late but does anyone want an in paddock pass to Renault World Series? i can give it some one tomorrow, otherwise it's been a waste of money.

IANMM
04-07-2009, 00:55
We'll after me, Morg and IANM struggled for the last 2 nights to fit my down pipe (no laughing it was a mare!) the car left the garage tonight ready for Renault World Series tomorrow only to pop its turbo in a large ploom of smoke as it pulled onto the carrage way.........:confused: :wasntme: ha ha ha (i love the unpredictability!)

We'll all this means is that it's now time to build it properly, watch this space.........

Oh..........its a little late but does anyone want an in paddock pass to Renault World Series? i can give it some one tomorrow, otherwise it's been a waste of money.

a downpipe that turned into a full exhaust change :) and i blame the driver at the time lol seriorsly tho time to invest in a oil guage that actually works me thinks :)

J8TRO
04-07-2009, 01:06
a downpipe that turned into a full exhaust change :) and i blame the driver at the time lol seriorsly tho time to invest in a oil guage that actually works me thinks :)

Yeah, Morg......don't feel bad that it blew up while you were driving it............:mad:

ha.......looked kind of funny anyhow.......you looked well worried! :ashamed:

Yeah........first on the list oil pressure gauge......:p

djinuk
04-07-2009, 08:37
ahhh gutted man , cgb do a oil pressure gauge (mechanical) and the little adapter to make it direct fitment

minty83
04-07-2009, 11:41
il have the paddock pass plaese =)

Boris
04-07-2009, 21:46
Who made your downpipe?

J8TRO
05-07-2009, 14:01
Who made your downpipe?

Not sure to be honest, i've had it from Bob at CGB, it was just been taken off a car whilst i was over there so bagged it. Its covered in heat wrap so can't see any stamps. The problem with fitting it was the flange on my current scorpion was too small, hence now trying to get a sidey.

raj
05-07-2009, 20:19
Not sure to be honest, i've had it from Bob at CGB, it was just been taken off a car whilst i was over there so bagged it. Its covered in heat wrap so can't see any stamps. The problem with fitting it was the flange on my current scorpion was too small, hence now trying to get a sidey.

i think you'll find that with any oversized 1-piece downpipe you'll need to fit a sidey. thing is, i was under the impression that the scorpions are 2.25" and didnt have a problem mating up to the dp.?
my prob was that my prev exhaust system was just a 2" and was far to small to mate up with the oversized dp.

J8TRO
11-07-2009, 12:43
Right, been down the Unit this morning with Ian and Morg, we've took the turbo off and still can't figure out why it isn't boosting. Ive taken some photos and would like it if someone could give us some advise.......we are stumped?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/j8tro/Renault%205%20Turbo/Image031-1.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/j8tro/Renault%205%20Turbo/Image032-1.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/j8tro/Renault%205%20Turbo/Image033.jpg

:wasntme:

Adam L
11-07-2009, 14:03
You've snapped the shaft, or bent is extremely badly, which is the rarest fault to occur on T series turbo's. I'd be checking oil pressure and so on...

Spooky
11-07-2009, 15:00
You guys are seriously sayin you couldnt see what the prob was when you took that blower off ?!:laugh:

Nayls
11-07-2009, 15:52
You guys are seriously sayin you couldnt see what the prob was when you took that blower off ?!:laugh:

:agree::laugh:

exactly what i just thought!

Brigsy
11-07-2009, 16:26
The turbo was like that on my gtt when i bought it, shaft had snapped. Make sure you have no boost leaks, mine failed as the turbo was overspeeding due to massive boost leak at high revs.

Philclubman
11-07-2009, 16:28
The turbine blade has touched the housing, you can see that the shaft is now bent and the blades are destroyed, If you take the turbine hosuing off the core you'll see how badly its been destroyed!

IANMM
11-07-2009, 17:14
I think you will find Jay is taking the P1SS :)

yeah it looks like its snapped......but as "someone" never had a oil gauge that was working in his car it could be down to a couple of things.....think it might be oil starvation or like you said a big boost leak :)

J8TRO
11-07-2009, 19:05

Yeah..........i'm still stumped..............come on guys stop giving me duff advise.....Do you think i could put the turbo back on, up da boost and it will be OK?

:coffee:

J8TRO
11-07-2009, 19:14
The turbo was like that on my gtt when i bought it, shaft had snapped. Make sure you have no boost leaks, mine failed as the turbo was overspeeding due to massive boost leak at high revs.

Brigsy, i think you may of hit the nail on the head....... over the last month the car seamed to get slower and slower even though the boost gauge is still reading 14psi. all pipes seamed fine but i'm now suspecting the IC.

IANMM
11-07-2009, 21:44
step 1 buy a mechincal oil guage

step 2 fit spare turbo to see oil pressure reading

step 3 remove hairdryer and fit T25

step 4 Install FMIC

step 5 enjoy......

simple....................................:cooter: :cooter:

Sparkie
11-07-2009, 21:55
step 1 buy a mechincal oil guage

step 2 fit spare turbo to see oil pressure reading

step 3 remove hairdryer and fit T25

step 4 Install FMIC

step 5 enjoy......

step 6 realise you have low oil pressure and need a rebuild...

simplez...................................

:cooter:

IANMM
11-07-2009, 22:10
Obv sort out the oil pressure........im not that silly ;)