PDA

View Full Version : WSR Collectors area information

stuTHC
02-07-2009, 10:12
Follow the signs on arrival at Silverstone for Collectors area parking (possibly will be signed as Renault histoire collection) Entry time for collectors is officially from 8.15am-9.30am. However if we are in the same place as last year there will be no problem coming and going at any time you like. The organisers are confirming to me later on this afternoon if we are in the same place as last year, i will update when i know.
There will be no parade lap (boo)
From past experience we will be out in the open all day with nowhere to sit or shelter, looking at the weather forcast Id recommend bringing some sun cream and chairs.
See you all there :)

Hoolio
02-07-2009, 11:54
Spoke to Stephen a couple of days ago and he confirmed that the area for collectors is much more central this year. Think it's just past where the go karts were last if you are walking towards the main area from where we were last year. Does that make any sense?:)

Ashy
02-07-2009, 12:27
I'm coming down on the sat morning, are peeps going straight there or heading to the campsite to unload first?

stuTHC
02-07-2009, 13:21
Hoolio, thats what i was lead to belive when ive been speaking to Stephen over the last few months. But then on Tuesday he said it may be where it was last year and he wont know for sure until he's on site, which is this afternoon, so ill confrim when ive spoken to him.

Ashy, We are setting off around 6am from here if you wanna meet on the way. Yeah gunna get a pitch at the campsite first 'cos if it's anything like last year it'll be very busy.

Hoolio
02-07-2009, 14:02
Ah, shame as i don't think too many people seem to venture up to that end. But then again it'll mean not too many peeps touching what become very dusty cars by the end of the day. How dare they touch my paintwork;)

stuTHC
02-07-2009, 15:30
Okay ive spoken to Stephen this aft'- Parking is defo NOT in the same place as last year. The organisers cannot guarentee entry to the collectors area after 9.30am. So basically, to avaoid disappointment/hassell-

GET THERE BEFORE 9.30am

:D

Ashy
02-07-2009, 16:32
I'd arranged to Meet Jaffa at the post office at 7.15... Guess thats now changed?

He thought you could walk through to the campsite from Silverstone? I was hoping to park up in the collectors area then wander through with the tent and set up!

stuTHC
02-07-2009, 16:40
Ash, Me and robbo will be setting off from here about 6am, i think jaffa is setting off about 7 and catching us up, i just dont fancy trying to keep up with a M3, little T2 spinning it's tits off all the way down the M1 in this heat, not good. So i guess your still on for meeting jaffa at the post office.
You can, in theory, get from Silverstone to Whittlebury, it's about 4 miles walk thou. Last year the gate was locked so you couldn't get through.

jaffa
02-07-2009, 17:05
i think he means to park car in collecters area then walk throough to the campin m8................when did u last walk 4 miles m8 lol its 20 mins tops.:)

BriC
02-07-2009, 17:19
i think he means to park car in collecters area then walk throough to the campin m8................when did u last walk 4 miles m8 lol its 20 mins tops.:)

20 minutes for 4 miles?! Maybe if you're sprinting