PDA

View Full Version : data recovery

Spooky
02-07-2009, 09:57
right, i have a damaged digi cam and i want to recover the pics i have on there.

i can put the memory card in my laptop but it wont read it properly...a friend of mine tried to recover the pics/vids with some software and it was working til his pc died on me.

anyone know of any free data recovery software ?

Chris Rinkydink
02-07-2009, 10:43
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

right, i have a damaged digi cam and i want to recover the pics i have on there.

i can put the memory card in my laptop but it wont read it properly...a friend of mine tried to recover the pics/vids with some software and it was working til his pc died on me.

anyone know of any free data recovery software ?

Ez fella. Long time...

Right, free data recovery software is not advisable as most to all are crap!

What digi cam is it? Make, model.

Chris

Bigfoot
02-07-2009, 10:46
Try downloading Hiren's boot cd. They have data recovery on that which I have used in the past for Hard Drives, I would guess it will work the same for the memory card.

Spooky
02-07-2009, 10:50
Very long time Chris, hope all is well dude :agree:

Well, the camera is a kodak, got it a while back, cant remember the model off the top of my head lol

Most of the data is on the memory card, which is where I want to retrieve from.

Bare with me, I'll get the model up asap

Spooky
02-07-2009, 11:21
Kodak EasyShare LS753 Digital Camera...with a 256mb sd card...

copy and pasted the name :laugh:

Chris Rinkydink
02-07-2009, 11:36

Kodak EasyShare LS753 Digital Camera...with a 256mb sd card...

copy and pasted the name :laugh:

See if you can read it through a card reader. Find a friend that has one or buy one for next to nothing.

The card maybe corrupt for whatever reason :sad2:

Spooky
02-07-2009, 11:41
Tried that, no joy.

On both the camera and the pc, the memory card was showing nothing visually on the screens until we scanned it with some recovery software and it found pretty much everything since the day I started taking pictures!

I need something to recover them, as the information is there but not retrievable for some reason.

Chris Rinkydink
02-07-2009, 11:56

Tried that, no joy.

On both the camera and the pc, the memory card was showing nothing visually on the screens until we scanned it with some recovery software and it found pretty much everything since the day I started taking pictures!

I need something to recover them, as the information is there but not retrievable for some reason.

Silly question. Have you searched Google? http://www.p-dd.mobi/ at your own risk!

Other than that, I'm not sure. :(

Sorry dude. :o