PDA

View Full Version : Web Blocker Help

Deano
01-07-2009, 14:20
We've just had a new firewall at work that has a web blocker, its doing my tits in !
I need to update my Itunes, does anyone know a way around the blocker ? cheers

Bigfoot
01-07-2009, 14:50
What kind of web blocker is it? If its just blocking certain sites you can sometimes get round using a translator, type in the address in google translater and go from french to english, it worked when I was at college with their blockers :) saying that, we done the other way round at work, we stopped all use of the web apart from certain sites. much easier to keep track of the people and no way around it :)

Deano
01-07-2009, 14:57
Ye i think the same has been done here, everything blocked bar what the nob who set it up needs !
is there no way round them ? there must be !

Bigfoot
01-07-2009, 15:03
Apart from installing your own connection. Or what some people have down which we always catch out is use your the fax line to connect up their laptops. They use the pay as you go dial up numbers, rather expensive so stands out like a sore thumb.

If you use static IP addresses on your computers, you may find they have certain IP ranges which have full access but that means a lot of changing to find out. Or do you have to type in a username/password to get onto internet explorer?

Deano
01-07-2009, 15:17
No i don't have to use a password, and i'm not too pc savvy so i as hoping i could do something easy !