PDA

View Full Version : DVLA can suck it!

Gymnast
30-06-2009, 13:28
Aaargh!!! Had a letter from the DVLA yesterday, apparently I hadn't declared my moped SORN. I thought I had, but the only SORN receipt I could find was for one of the 5s.

Firstly, I can't believe you have to do it every year, what a pain.

Secondly, I don't remember them sending through a reminder.

And, thirdly, this is the worst ... when the moped insurance is only £15 how can they demand you pay them £40 for not declaring SORN ...

PIKEYS! :mad::mad::mad:

Not in a good mood as I had to work 8am to 3am yesterday :coffee:

paul b
30-06-2009, 14:28
apart from that, How's your day then???

Gymnast
30-06-2009, 15:02
Oh, just dandy, thanks for asking :)

I've devoted a good hour to Facebook and Twitter ... now moving onto the RTOC for a bit :D

Got a can of Relentless ... so watch out!!

Then, I might go home early, break out some beers and watch Wimbledon :cool:

Kenobi
30-06-2009, 15:05
Oh, just dandy, thanks for asking :)

I've devoted a good hour to Facebook and Twitter ... now moving onto the RTOC for a bit :D

Got a can of Relentless ... so watch out!!

Then, I might go home early, break out some beers and watch Wimbledon :cool:

Sounds like my day. Im so bored im listen to jacko sing stuff when he was a kid and getting all melancholly.

Miller
01-07-2009, 12:23
Aaargh!!! Had a letter from the DVLA yesterday, apparently I hadn't declared my moped SORN. I thought I had, but the only SORN receipt I could find was for one of the 5s.

Firstly, I can't believe you have to do it every year, what a pain.

Secondly, I don't remember them sending through a reminder.

And, thirdly, this is the worst ... when the moped insurance is only £15 how can they demand you pay them £40 for not declaring SORN ...

PIKEYS! :mad::mad::mad:

Not in a good mood as I had to work 8am to 3am yesterday :coffee:

Not just me then, i got the same letter last week for the clio, so that will be £40 fine and i also have to pay £31 for the time it was not sorn'ed.....even though it was on my drive without a engine:cry:

Bigfoot
01-07-2009, 13:41
At least you owned the vehicle when you got the letter, I had sold mine 6 months beforehand and they said I owed them money :confused:

Hoolio
01-07-2009, 15:52
Just taxed the car and it looks like i'm going to be stung for this despite no reminder, problems getting the V5 and the fact that i've spoken to them several times.
Also thought that the SORN would carry over to the new owner until the year was up/it was put back on the road, should have read the little book I suppose.
Ho hum.

markey b
01-07-2009, 18:50
all i got from the first post was moped.... are you 16? :cooter:

Gymnast
04-07-2009, 12:14
all i got from the first post was moped.... are you 16? :cooter:

very funny ;)

I used to use it to get to work in London before I had a parking space, mind you sometimes it's temptign to get back on when a 8-10 minute moped journey takes 45 minutes! :burnrubber: