View Full Version : Phase 1 Car Repair or Sell?

Arrows
28-06-2009, 22:09
Just trying to see if it's worth putting my 86 phase 1 car back on the road or sell it for spares as one lump.

It needs new brakes and tyres but not a great deal more, perhaps a new battery, so around 500 pounds would sort it out.

So is it worth spending 500 pounds to put it back on the road or sell it as is and let someone else do it or break it.

Looking to move it on as do not get the time to do this and will not use it as its not much of a family car and i have just been told work is not good.

raj
28-06-2009, 22:12
Just trying to see if it's worth putting my 86 phase 1 car back on the road or sell it for spares as one lump.

It needs new brakes and tyres but not a great deal more, perhaps a new battery, so around 500 pounds would sort it out.

So is it worth spending 500 pounds to put it back on the road or sell it as is and let someone else do it or break it.

Looking to move it on as do not get the time to do this and will not use it as its not much of a family car and i have just been told work is not good.

i think you've more or less answered your own question.! get rid,sell it. theres obviously more important things you need to be doing than worrying about putting a 5 back on the road.

rs250nut
28-06-2009, 22:17
Can I have the grill please:) Oh and the rear arches

Arrows
29-06-2009, 12:11
If i sell this it will be a complete car and not spares sorry, do not wnat to sit with a half stripped car, if anyone is intrested then pm me and we can talk

Sparkie
29-06-2009, 12:41
an audi tuner MRC near banbury, is after a £500 renault 5 gt turbo for a race to scotland and back!.- doesnt matter how funked it is, as he can sort it.
- 01295 277308

Arrows
29-06-2009, 13:10
an audi tuner MRC near banbury, is after a £500 renault 5 gt turbo for a race to scotland and back!.- doesnt matter how funked it is, as he can sort it.
- 01295 277308

Nothing ****ed on it to be honest it just needs finishing.

e.g new brakes and final interior parts putting back in like silly little things like seat belt top bolts nothing major.

Not sure what a phase 1 is worth, it has had loads spent on then engine though.

stuTHC
29-06-2009, 16:31
:coffee:

Arrows
30-06-2009, 22:38
OK did some work on the car today and fitted some parts that needed to be fitted so its more complete, only got a few interior bits to finish and that will be done, now here comes the parts i need.

The front and rear bumper need to be finished and painted, there is a dent in the lower of the passenger door and some rust spots on the front bonnet edge but this car is 23 years old, the shell as a whole is in better condition then most others i have seen.

Need new disc's front and back and have been quoted 140.00 pounds for grove items to replace my fronts were upgraded some time ago to larger disc's.

Four new tyres i can get fitted for 160.00 pounds.

Battery Will set me back around 50 to 75 pounds.

So all in around 375.00 pounds tops.

Now this is where i must decide what to do, do i sell the car now needing these parts to be done with a garage full of spares and i mean full, there are phase 2 full side skirts, bumpers, bonnet, peddle box, heater matrix and box ect infact there is loads of parts.

Now if i get the car sorted and mot put on the car with all the spares ect i would be hoping to get around 1500.00 for it all, this is with a shed loads of receipts for a massive amount of work done to the engine along with that suspension.

Or do i cut my loses and sell the whole lot for a grand?

500 pounds less, parts will cost 375.00 but then there is the time to do it all.

So am i dreaming or am i going to find a seller.

Thanks.

Arrows
30-06-2009, 22:39
Also i must add has the full phase 1 side skirts unpainted.

Ashy
30-06-2009, 22:43
spit it out lad... These fishing threads get on my tats...

Just tell everyone what you want for it, might help when selling :)

Spooky
30-06-2009, 22:46
Is this gunna be a daily driver or a just a weekend play thing ?

Get some oe discs on if possible, a lot lot cheaper...

Im sure you can sniff down some half deceant tyres for **** all...

Batteries are A LOT cheaper than that, I've never paid more than 20 notes for a battery since I've been driving...

Just a case of what you plan to use the car for and gathering the bits you fancy and doing jobs as you go :agree:

Arrows
30-06-2009, 22:49
spit it out lad... These fishing threads get on my tats...

Just tell everyone what you want for it, might help when selling :)

Sorry thought i had on the earlier post where i state,

Now if i get the car sorted and mot put on the car with all the spares ect i would be hoping to get around 1500.00 for it all, this is with a shed loads of receipts for a massive amount of work done to the engine along with that suspension.

Or do i cut my loses and sell the whole lot for a grand?

500 pounds less, parts will cost 375.00 but then there is the time to do it all.

So am i dreaming or am i going to find a seller.

??????????

Arrows
30-06-2009, 22:50
Is this gunna be a daily driver or a just a weekend play thing ?

Get some oe discs on if possible, a lot lot cheaper...

Im sure you can sniff down some half deceant tyres for **** all...

Batteries are A LOT cheaper than that, I've never paid more than 20 notes for a battery since I've been driving...

Just a case of what you plan to use the car for and gathering the bits you fancy and doing jobs as you go :agree:

If i kept it i would only use it as a play thing, i would have to find super cheap insurance, is this possible.

2nd can you pm me where you get your parts from as i can not find them anywhere near the prices you have quoted.

Thanks

Spooky
30-06-2009, 22:55
I've used GSF...euro car parts...local motor factors...friends...freaks...ebay...theft...some of that is false information...;)...breakers yards...

You've just generally got to keep your eye open and keep sniffing around :agree:

Like I said, you wont need NEW parts to get the car on the road :)

Penfold aka The Dealer
01-07-2009, 08:21
Keep the car and get it up and running... dont bother breaking...