PDA

View Full Version : NOOB!

DannyB1987
28-06-2009, 21:17
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

as some of you may know im new on here. im picking my 1st r5 up next weekend hopefully, if not the weekend after..

all i know is atm is he car has the bottom end gearbox and driveshafts in, im told it needs one of the piston liners putting back in, where would be the best place for me to take this to get it done, or isit not to hard to be done with help from you lot??
also it needs a turbo, exhaust, windshield and a few hoses to be put back on the road
:)
im quite mechanicly minded and ive go lots of willing to get this all back together off my own steam but to get it checked over at a garage for fine adjustments after..

any help will be great thanks

IANMM
29-06-2009, 10:39
do it yourself with the haynes manual in tow :) where abouts are you located?

stuTHC
29-06-2009, 12:03
If your mechanically minded, and got the will to do it yourself then crack on lad.
They are a very simple engine, just a pain to work on sometimes with the lack of access (no worse than any other engine thou) and what can seem like hudreds of hoses and pipes running everywhere. Nothing to be scared of though cos' once you get stuck in you soon learn what goes where.
If you get stuck, post up here and someone will sort you out :D

DannyB1987
29-06-2009, 18:22
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

thanks for that :) ile be getting a haynes manual shortly!!!
im located in chesterfield, Derbyshire aswell btw

will be posting when i get stuck soon ;)

RICHIE
29-06-2009, 19:01
also if you change your location it may help a local member to pop over and help you.