PDA

View Full Version : Help low on boost

lilmark
28-06-2009, 00:14
Ive fitted a boost gauge an plumbed it into the carb bottom/manifold an it is showing that i am only running 5 psi of boost.

I have fitted a front mount intercoler, carb of richie, air filter, exhaust an changed the hoses to silicone ones i have checked for air leaks an Haz has had a look at the car aswell but everything looks to be ok.

Scoff
28-06-2009, 00:16
Thats about standard isn't it ? 7psi at the carb top or so ? What happens when you adjust the actuator or fit a bleed valve ?

lilmark
28-06-2009, 00:21
Ive nt tried that yet mate i dont reall want to fit a bleed valve i have heard somebad things about them, on the actuator is it wind it in to up the boost or out as im going to give it a try tomorrow

Scoff
28-06-2009, 00:45
Ive nt tried that yet mate i dont reall want to fit a bleed valve i have heard somebad things about them, on the actuator is it wind it in to up the boost or out as im going to give it a try tomorrow

you make the rod shorter to increase boost. There's nothing wrong with a bleed valve, just buy a good one with a locking nut to stop it rattling loose, or idiot's adjusting it for you.

lilmark
28-06-2009, 00:51
i have got a turbosmart one sat in the shed which is a locking one might try that 1st an hide it under the bonnet some where an if that fails i will have a playwith the actuator

FurioKid
28-06-2009, 01:28
yeah i've plumbed my boost gauge into the same pipe and mine reads around 5 psi aswell, which is perfect at the mo as i'm running my engine in, will eventually turn it gradually

lilmark
28-06-2009, 01:34
right so thats good then cause ive still got the standard one plumbed in aswell an since ive fitted the intercooler an done away with the overboost sensor it goes to about a bar of boost an 5 psi on aftermarket gauge

Scoff
28-06-2009, 13:09
it can't really be going to a bar at carb top, there won't be that much loss over the carb. Maybe you need to check the accuracy of that gauge before a disaster occurs :D

lilmark
28-06-2009, 18:14
Scoff its showing about that on the standard dash gauge an 5 psi on the aftermarket one

Scoff
28-06-2009, 21:08
yeah, well, if you are sure you are getting full-throttle then one or other is wrong ;)

lilmark
28-06-2009, 21:21
im not sure mate im just looking forward till after USC when the fun starts