PDA

View Full Version : rad fan

tom t
27-06-2009, 13:24
im having problems with my rad fan. ive replaced the switch as that was dodgey and the new one is working.

ive added extra bits of wire to the fan switch wires as mine were a bit short what amp rating should this wire be? and would this effect it if the rating im using isnt good enough.

the fan comes on after the 3rd line on the o.e. gauge and over 80 degress on my after market gauge and doesnt stay on for long at all.

ive noticed my fan relay is 12v 25amp. is this going to effect it aswell? as ive read they should be 30amp.

cheers any help would be gr8 needa get this sorted :agree:

Nick k
27-06-2009, 15:45
Chill. All the fan switch does is powers the relay coil, which opens and closes the switch inside the relay. The relay itself handles all the current not the fan switch. 25A should be fine. :agree:

tom t
27-06-2009, 18:11
kool. i have replaced it with a 30 amp one anyway.

the fan runs when the switch wires are bridged. so the only thing i can think of is an air lock. ive bled it loads though have been reading some old threads on it to and still cant solve it.

any other ideas as to what it could be m8? its getting quite annoying now. so am thinking of putting a switch on it.

cheers

IANMM
27-06-2009, 23:47
thermostat gone ? blow through your header tank with bleed nipple open this will get rid of any air locks etc....

tom t
05-07-2009, 18:01
think ive got all the air out of it now. ive re-wired the fan all up. im still having problems with it not coming on when its suppoused to. but when i join the fan switch wires it works.

so am now thinking ive messed up my brand new switch.

how do i go about wireing a seprate switch in the car for the time being untill i get another switch?

and would 5amp cable be ok for this switch? as its the only stuff ive got left laying about long enough. if not ill just wait.

thanks.:agree: