PDA

View Full Version : Boost and fuelling

Tillax
26-06-2009, 15:11
I recently upped the boost on my 5 to 12psi which is fine for my purposes. The car seems to be driving very nice and smoothly indeed... at the moment, but do people think it would be wise to maybe go for a bigger sized carb jet and get it tuned on a rolling road before pushing it hard? I certainly can't hear any detonation but I guess you can't always hear detonation particularly at high revs.

If so, can anybody recommend anywhere good east London/Essex way? I know there is a rolling road session over may way in the "events" section of this site but unfortunately its on the same day as my girlfriend's birthday... which wouldn't go down too well!

Bigfoot
26-06-2009, 15:33
12psi is fine for a standard carb and fueling, think about 14psi is pushing the limit really before getting bigger jets.

Os8472
26-06-2009, 15:47
Invest in an LM-1, it could save you an engine

Tillax
26-06-2009, 18:28
Thanks guys, I just took it out for a drive actually and noticed that if I accelerate all the way up the rev range in third (to the start marked lines) then change into fourth, when I apply the gas again not a lot happens in fact the car feels quite dead then the boost kicks in again. However it doesn't feel like turbo lag and it doesn't seem to happen in any other gear. Do you think that's fuelling related?

Tillax
26-06-2009, 18:44
Invest in an LM-1, it could save you an engine

How much are they roughly and where do you fit the sensor?

Wallace
26-06-2009, 19:55
How much are they roughly and where do you fit the sensor?

I know NOTHING about these but just googled it out of interest.

Through this link - there is also an instructions document, explaining about fitting the oxygen sensor in the exhaust etc..........take a look........

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php