PDA

View Full Version : Hello all (:

kayzee
24-06-2009, 15:50
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi guys. Just made my first post in the classifieds so thought I may as well introduce myself!

I've wanted an R5 since I was 17 (24 now) when my first girlfriend's brother gave me a lift home in his, damn it shifted! Been kinda obsessed ever since :agree: at the time insurance was obviously a killer so never bothered.

I have just sold my Clio 182 and really want an old skool hatch, obviously the R5 is my top choice, I just seem to have a real passion for them, which no one else understands! (apart from you lot I guess lol)

Anyway there was a Raider up my road which had been sitting for years, it finally went up for sale so went for a look and was really excited about getting it, for £800! It was definitely a project... but that's what I want. Unfortunately that guy also had a passion and phoned me the other day telling me he just couldn't part with her in the end :( so back to square one now! Apart from now I'm carless as well lol.

I must spend hours a day on here, the other R5 forum, PH and AT, it's driving me mad! And I'm wearing out my F5 button!

Anyway I figured it was worth joining here to look on the classifieds first and then the forum because if I get one, I'm gonna need help - complete n00b here! So hopefully I'll be sticking around :D

BriC
24-06-2009, 16:03
Aah, you are on Renault5GTTurbo.co.uk - I replied to your thread telling you not to give up looking :)

You say no one understands your love for them.. I bet they're not really the car enthusiast type? They are seriously addictive, and you just need to own one to appreciate it :D. I'm 20 now, and I've had about 10-12 Renault 5's since the age of 16. Had a couple of boggo standard Campuses, a couple of GTT lookalikes, and a few GTT's!

So, good look in your search.. Provided you don't buy a shed, you'll love it :D

Big Steve - Raider
24-06-2009, 17:40
Welcome to the club Kayzee! :yeah:

There's a few long standing members near your neck of the woods like Bigfoot & Ricardo so you should be fine! ;)

Maybe Bigfoot knows of something going nearby??

My story is much like yours in that I was given a lift in a 5GT years ago when I was 16 & it made an impression on me!!!

Theyre fantastic little cars that as long as you research into what you're doing and ensure their running right will give you many hours of reliable motoring!

Trouble is that many/all of them have been messed around with now & they're getting on a bit also so you're going to have a few issues but nothing's too bad that us & the rest of the guys on here can't help you sort! ;)

Mart
24-06-2009, 17:43
How refreshing to read a post from a 'newbie' who does use punctuation & good English grammar :cool: :)

Welcome to the club :agree:

Kenobi
24-06-2009, 17:59
How refreshing to read a post from a 'newbie' who does use punctuation & good English grammar :cool: :)

Welcome to the club :agree:

oh dear.

Gttnutter
24-06-2009, 18:19
I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you....there maybe a tungsten grey 5 which is in my proflie which i'm either going to breake or sell complete...if interested get in contact

James5
24-06-2009, 18:53
I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you....there maybe a tungsten grey 5 which is in my proflie which i'm either going to breake or sell complete...if interested get in contact

The tungy one Rich would make a good project shame to see it broken.

Gttnutter
24-06-2009, 19:02
The tungy one Rich would make a good project shame to see it broken.

this is true james theres nothing wrong with it what so ever

clee
24-06-2009, 19:40
Good to see you here ;)

kayzee
24-06-2009, 23:41
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Cheers guys. I remember being on RTOC years and years ago when it all looked a bit different. Had that cool red really low R5 with a big RTOC logo sticker on it on the front page? Don't think I've seen it load up this time around yet.

Trouble is that many/all of them have been messed around with now & they're getting on a bit also so you're going to have a few issues but nothing's too bad that us & the rest of the guys on here can't help you sort! ;)

That's part of the fun isn't it!? ;)

Cheers mate. The problem I have is I'm now carless so really have to find one within Essex as I just can't get around to view stuff :crap: may buy myself another car anyway as I believe the R5 search could take a long time to find exactly what I want!