PDA

View Full Version : My poor 5...............

Kenobi
23-06-2009, 21:16
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/Kenobi_rtoc/Dickee%20impound/DSC00016.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/Kenobi_rtoc/Dickee%20impound/DSC00019.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/Kenobi_rtoc/Dickee%20impound/DSC00021.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/Kenobi_rtoc/Dickee%20impound/DSC00022.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/Kenobi_rtoc/Dickee%20impound/DSC00025.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/Kenobi_rtoc/Dickee%20impound/DSC00026.jpg

Bigfoot
23-06-2009, 21:19
What happened?

D4WNO
23-06-2009, 21:25
Are we supposed to guess?

Markey Mark (BD)
23-06-2009, 21:26
Just heard possible buyer didn't have insurance on test drive of the car

Kenobi
23-06-2009, 21:27
just Heard Possible Buyer Didn't Have Insurance On Test Drive Of The Car

Bingo!! Not his fault though I think. I feel sorry for him. I get it back 2moz.:agree:

r5 rich
23-06-2009, 21:30
feel sorry for you mate, your the one left with all the fees to pay for removal and storage when you have done nothing wrong.

But then again the driver will be done for no insurance but it don`t cost alot for day insurance.

TrixNFlix
23-06-2009, 21:32
What happens then Daniel In these situations?

Kenobi
23-06-2009, 21:40
feel sorry for you mate, your the one left with all the fees to pay for removal and storage when you have done nothing wrong.

But then again the driver will be done for no insurance but it don`t cost alot for day insurance.

No its ok test driver is paying the fees. I had chat with policeman and i get it back 2moz when fees paid. I know they will be as we all know the lad and hes sound!!

tonesGTT
23-06-2009, 21:42
should you be letting someone 'test drive' your car without insurance?

Kenobi
23-06-2009, 21:45
should you be letting someone 'test drive' your car without insurance?

Yeah.

r5 rich
23-06-2009, 21:47
No its ok test driver is paying the fees. I had chat with policeman and i get it back 2moz when fees paid. I know they will be as we all know the lad and hes sound!!

thats a result then, most people would just walk away as its not their car.Glad its not out of your own pocket:)

Kenobi
23-06-2009, 21:51
thats a result then, most people would just walk away as its not their car.Glad its not out of your own pocket:)

Im truly gutted for the lad. hope hes ok.

Gttnutter
23-06-2009, 22:17
Is he buying the car kenobi ?

dickiegtt
23-06-2009, 22:19
I am really gutted:(..... my first ever points in nearly 10 years of driving and i am going to contest my insurance documents tomorow with the police as it is not clear as on my mrs. insurance:confused:

But either way i was told on the phone i would be insured and had been told for the last two years that! Either way this ****e always happens to the wrong people and the policeman was very sound, still gota a heafty fine, and pay to get your 5 back tomora kenobi...sos dude. A lesson learned with insurance...to a law abider tho:mad:!

6 points:sad2: Any1 got 6 points and remember how much there insurance went up by?

BriC
23-06-2009, 22:21
Unlucky man :( How come you're buying another GT?

Gttnutter
23-06-2009, 22:26
I am really gutted:(..... my first ever points in nearly 10 years of driving and i am going to contest my insurance documents tomorow with the police as it is not clear as on my mrs. insurance:confused:

But either way i was told on the phone i would be insured and had been told for the last two years that! Either way this ****e always happens to the wrong people and the policeman was very sound, still gota a heafty fine, and pay to get your 5 back tomora kenobi...sos dude. A lesson learned with insurance...to a law abider tho:mad:!

6 points:sad2: Any1 got 6 points and remember how much there insurance went up by?

Yep verbal is no good....make sure its written down in your policy and take a photocopy with you....i now do this as i've been stopped before and it just makes life easier with the plod and gets you on your way

dickiegtt
23-06-2009, 22:28
Mine is so close to OE i'm guna put it back to completey standard now and restore and polish her for the rest of her life:) Dans was guna be my track 5lag but.....

dickiegtt
23-06-2009, 22:34
Yep verbal is no good....make sure its written down in your policy and take a photocopy with you....i now do this as i've been stopped before and it just makes life easier with the plod and gets you on your way

Cheers mate, i think i do need to do that now. He was a sound copper and he had a heart which is quite refreshing to report although thats coming from someone who hasn't been involved with the police much in there life! He used to love r5 turbos turbos tho:agree:

R5GTTRaider
23-06-2009, 22:36

i got 6 points, went up 70 quid on quotes, but depends on age, lenth of licence etc

dickiegtt
23-06-2009, 22:41
i got 6 points, went up 70 quid on quotes, but depends on age, lenth of licence etc

I'll be 26 with full no claims..touchwood.....Yourself?

dickiegtt
23-06-2009, 23:07
Sorry...checked profle! What was your points for if you don't mind me asking?

Brigsy
24-06-2009, 00:13
Did the coppers give you 6 points or a summons?

I was in a similar situation test driving a mates car that i was thinking of buying in 2001, i should have been covered third party on my own ins but wasn't, genuine mistake.

I had to go to court over it & was told in advance i was looking at a min 6 points if lucky/short driving ban by my solicitor, The case got chucked out of court with no charge on the day as i explained the situation.

With a genuine mistake you should be ok:agree:

markey b
24-06-2009, 01:50
were you in the car kenobi? if so, and you're insured, if he was a sound copper, he could have let you take your car home, rather than get it towed!

djinuk
24-06-2009, 07:25
ahhhh mannn , thats gutting, real sorry to hear that.. i looked in first pic and thought,, hmm that dickie.. wasnt until i continued reading that i realised.

Was the car insured by anyone like?, just wondering if there is any kinda get out clause. Its cool to hear you are going o/e though mate, will make for a cool r5, I found a place in burton that does sandblasting and powder coating cheap aswell btw mate..

What really anoys me reading this, is i know a few people that drive all day with no lience , no insurance and have been sent down previously for it etc (repeat offences) yet they still do it now.

The other day i had to take my r5 for mot , and it was a nightmare to sort temp insurance out, and all the rest of it , and even then if i still got stopped, i wudnt of had tax so it would of been an arguement.

It seems in this world to do thing legal is a nightmare.

Kenobi
24-06-2009, 08:44
On a plus side Dickee can vouch for my car being mechanical sound and a nice drive. Honestly though Marky mark built it so It was always gunna be.

Right off down the recovery yard to pick it up. Apparently theres one down there already. Its been there months so me and zippy are gunna make them an offer.

Dickie if i get there and they have scrapped it by mistake..............

5alldaway
24-06-2009, 11:57
sorry to see this guys

we wil have to get a little get together down a pub somewhere local to have a laugh about it

stuTHC
24-06-2009, 17:10
A mate of mine selling a BBR Mx-5 wouldn't let someone who had travelled over 120 miles to see the car drive it because they couldn't prove to him they were insured.
Harsh, and probably cost him a sale, but as he says, if this guy had wrapped it up my mate would've been £4500 out of pocket, not to mention the situation that could arise if you have a prang involving a third party.

jesus in the seat of a 5
24-06-2009, 17:11
A mate of mine selling a BBR Mx-5 wouldn't let someone who had travelled over 120 miles to see the car drive it because they couldn't prove to him they were insured.
Harsh, and probably cost him a sale, but as he says, if this guy had wrapped it up my mate would've been £4500 out of pocket, not to mention the situation that could arise if you have a prang involving a third party.

:agree:...wise words indeed.

R5GTTRaider
24-06-2009, 17:25
I'll be 26 with full no claims..touchwood.....Yourself?
24 and i got mine for no insurance, was on holiday in cornwall for 3 weeks, took the cash i needed and credit card, didnt relise insurance d/d had failed, obisly im not at home to recive a defult letter, driving back got done for no insurance!

but its the banks fault any how as they took a charge for the previous montha day before the insurance, ****3rs really as it wouldnt take a wise guy to relise theres a payment due the next day but any how there nearly up now so not bothered!

R5GTTRaider
24-06-2009, 17:27
ive always took the buyer for the test drive, i wouldnt let any one drive my car, even if they came to buy it, its not there car till i have notes in my hand and a v5 filled out!
not even my best mate can drive it and hes insured on any car, been the same for every car ive owned!
but dickie wasnt to know and was missled which i think he should take up in court when they give him his points that way you may get the sympthy vote, and give you 3 as i know a licence can be kept even when 12 points are issued, basicly you say look i need my licence to go to work to pay the fine, so if you revoke my licence im unlickly to beable to pay court costs/fines and then they cant put you in hardship!

Gttnutter
24-06-2009, 18:07
If you were told verbally on the phone that you would be covered then it might well be worth trying to find out about "Calls maybe recorded" long shot i know but they say that to cover there own arse

dickiegtt
24-06-2009, 20:16
sorry to see this guys

we wil have to get a little get together down a pub somewhere local to have a laugh about it

Indeed m8y!:) Although i am really torn now as what to do... Pay the fine and drive round at the speed limit for the next 3 years? Or request a summons off my fine slip and try and contest it in court? The policewoman at the station agreed with me today that it is very controvershal how it has even been wrote on my dcument and i might have a case. I hate this **** why me:sad:!

Thanks for the comments and words of wisdom peeps:) And nice work on Kenobi's car Markey mark! She's a good buy!!

djinuk
24-06-2009, 22:48
id honestly contest it mate.. Even if it goes 50/50 and you only get the three points.. id just be examplaing that you were miss guided by the policy and that you have no previous motoring offences to record so why on earth would you be planning to drive a car with no insurance yada yada yada ..