PDA

View Full Version : Non member... issue's becomming a member

samb5
19-09-2008, 14:13
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I wish to sell something, but i have a problem with becomming a full member

I hope to resolve the problem with me becomming a full member shortly.

- Updated by shopboy- 17:00 19/09/08

Billy-G
19-09-2008, 14:15
Classifieds please.:coffee:

We DO read them you know!

samb5
19-09-2008, 14:17

would have if i could but couldnt seem to do it.. sorry fella

Billy-G
19-09-2008, 14:19
Fair play. I think they are members only at the moment. Adds a bit of a safeguard to buyers.:agree:

samb5
19-09-2008, 14:22

Ye think they are, tried payin up an becoming full member but wont go through on my computer fire wall or summit, so gonna do it on another when i get a chance..

Penfold aka The Dealer
19-09-2008, 16:23
Until your a full member i will edit your info...

Sorry but rules are rules.

Mart
19-09-2008, 16:44
See, just like Ginty's threads, this is also bullsh1t. Why should non-members have the right to post on here, even more so when they're just selling stuff?

Takes the fecking p1ss to those that are paying to be members/post on here. Imho, these forums should be locked out to non-members. Period.

Bigfoot
19-09-2008, 16:56
General chat should be viewable by none members like the old site, but not able to post on them until they are a full member.

Penfold aka The Dealer
19-09-2008, 17:02
I have updated again...

Ian S
19-09-2008, 18:49
We feel it will encourage non members to become part of the club by showing them that the club has friendly helpful people it and plenty to offer.

Of course ripping into every one of them will not have that effect. Doing that could dwindle the already low membership numbers and finish the club. We've only got 450 members.

Locking out everyone will not help to grow the club. If people find our site and get nothing other the p1ss off or give us you money on every page they click on then they'll p1ss off.

BriC
19-09-2008, 19:02
I keep thinking you're Sam Bowman.. An old member who was from Essex :p

Penfold aka The Dealer
19-09-2008, 19:14
Can we not issue newbies/temps to a messgae saying to advertise use the classifieds... to do that you need to be a full member... if not u post will be deleted?

I dont think its fair for non members to use forums to sell there stuff on FOC, otherwise we will just get spammed...

samb5
19-09-2008, 19:36

sorry all, hopin to get full membership sorted soon.. dont see why it causes such a problem tho, just seems all u full members take the piss a little an are a little petty towards newbies tryin to get into the swing of things on the site.

Ian S
19-09-2008, 20:14
I think there is a tendency to some members to be like that and it can put new potential members off.

Mart
19-09-2008, 21:41
It's got feck all to do with being petty. I'm not targeting you either; my comment was said in general. Why should newbies have the right to sell stuff on here foc, when the majority have to pay to have that priviledge?

IIRC, the old website wasn't open to non-members posting, so why's it different with this one?

Fair play if it's trying to promote the club to non-members, I'm all for that, but I just think it's a tad unfair to those that are paying members. I also think it's potentially opening up the forum for jokers/wind up merchants to join, hence p1ssing off everyone in the process. Cue Ginty's thread(s)...

samb5
19-09-2008, 21:49

well sorted joining out now so can post in proper forum.. i see wot u mean about sellin stuff foc, which obviously would get to people who pay, i agree totaly but it wasnt like i was takin the piss or postin complete rubbish.. just posted in wrong part..

Mart
19-09-2008, 21:57
To my knowledge, the only forum non-members can post in is 'General Chat', so therefore you wasn't posting in the wrong part as such as this is the only part you/non-members can post in.

Again, it's not aimed at you. It's meant in general.

Scoff
19-09-2008, 21:58
Welcome mate. sometimes pleople can be quick to stamp on someone new when they should be a bit more tolerent, its only mannors really. glad it didn't put you off :)

samb5
19-09-2008, 22:02

yes this was the only forum i could post in hence thats why i did not knowin it would have been a prob.. alls good now as managed to get membership sorted on another computer as mine wouldnt let me so i can put in correct forum infuture :)

Mart
19-09-2008, 22:03
I wasn't stamping on anyone! Again, my comments were said & meant in general.

samb5
19-09-2008, 22:06

cheers scoff, i spose i gotta take a bit of a beatin as im a newbie lol

Tiny Tim
19-09-2008, 22:08

cheers scoff, i spose i gotta take a bit of a beatin as im a newbie lol

Alright victim, get over it... you're hear now. Get ready to receive and dish out somereal abuse ;)

Scoff
19-09-2008, 22:09
I wasn't stamping on anyone! Again, my comments were said & meant in general.

so were mine :D ;) I'm not talking about anyone in particular.

but really, you gotta admit, the club has a bit of a tendancy to stamp on anything that they see as being wrong, innacurate, whatever, when really all that is needed is a "welcome dude, this is how it should be done..." rarther than instant shoot down.

Tiny Tim
19-09-2008, 22:10
so were mine :D ;) I'm not talking about anyone in particular.

but really, you gotta admit, the club has a bit of a tendancy to stamp on anything that they see as being wrong, innacurate, whatever, when really all that is needed is a "welcome dude, this is how it should be done..." rarther than instant shoot down.

Where's the fun in that though? :laugh:

Mart
19-09-2008, 22:13
I agree Scoffski, but if you read my previous posts, I'm not targeting the guy at all. The issue is with the club for letting the General Chat forum open for anyone to post, not with Sam. This thread is simply a good example, hence my posts in here.

Sam, if you took offence to what I posted, then I apologise, but as I say, it wasn't aimed at you.

samb5
19-09-2008, 22:16

no offence at all mart, all is good :)

BriC
19-09-2008, 23:23
This thread makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :)

:crap:

:laugh:

Miller
20-09-2008, 00:53
Can everyone please remember that we are still getting settled into the new site!!

We still need to amend all the club rules and as it stands when someone joins there is no guide to what they can or cannot do. So until we have the site fully operational can we please leave the potential new members alone as they know no better.

As Ian has said, we only have 450 people on this site so far, with about 80 being registered non-members. We need to be doing what other sites are doing to get new members in i.e. let them have a look around before they buy. If we do not get new members we cannot survive on the renewal cost alone to fund National day or other big events.

Non members are already very restricted on where they can go and what they can do, and from last night they cannot post in other threads. So basically it is the same as the old site but they can register and create threads, post in their own thread but not reply in others.

Welcome to the club Sam and please do not let this put you off posting.

Chris:)

Trevhib
20-09-2008, 09:57
Good stuff, this thread should be locked now IMO.

Rob1980
20-09-2008, 11:15

Alright victim, get over it... you're hear now. Get ready to receive and dish out somereal abuse ;)

That's here not hear by the way:laugh: