PDA

View Full Version : bringing my 5 back from the dead

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

philr5t
16-08-2010, 18:50
Looks real nice Phil, I need to have a look at it in the flesh:)

cheers mate you will have to come up this way one day soon to have a look and to meet up with all the lads down this way again mate

Wallace
17-08-2010, 21:17
Thats looking bloody brilliant mate, top work!

Think you, me and Wallace need to have a group pic when we got them done and pop to a meet, be nice line up 1 red standard 5, 1 red tuned c1j 5 and 1 red tuned B18FT powered 5! :D

Agreed:agree::D

philr5t
18-08-2010, 10:05
Agreed:agree::D

:) when will your car be ready wallace

Wallace
19-08-2010, 15:16
:) when will your car be ready wallace

When i stop being lazy:D:D

Seriously though, not that long, got everything.......but i'm currently working 6days a week, 12hr days and to be honest the car is bottom of priorities

philr5t
20-08-2010, 17:56
bored at work so thought i would add another picture of the bay taken last night :)

philr5t
09-09-2010, 01:15
some more progress made now after a good surrey meet i organised it gave me that spark i needed again to crack on with getting my car ready not long now i can now start seeing the finish line really pushing to have it ready now for the next meet in october

ok now plumbed in the charge cooler as neet as poss with the flow and return water hoses hidden in between the inner and outer wing keeping themout of a warm engine bay ,water pump now all in place hidden behind the bumper under the front indicator so should stay nice and cool

adapted roof lining now fixed back in with my flocked parts bolted back in origional dash all finished off ready for the 2nd part of the new dash to go in and the home made carpet :scratch:

rear carbon door cards now fitted (boltless)

some pics as well

cheers phil :)

philr5t
09-09-2010, 01:25
i have a couple more pictures

TNT ANDY
09-09-2010, 06:26
i have a couple more pictures

Love the indicators chappy, Where dya get them?

James5
09-09-2010, 08:58
Phil, looking fantastic matey glad to see some progress has been made at last:laugh: Only got 3-4 weeks before the next meet matey:D Chop Chop:cooter:

You need to get those :crap: headlights out and put your new ones in place:coffee:

phase i 16 v turbo
09-09-2010, 09:18
Well done Phil!! Getting closer, by the way what make is the lamp looks very useful?

philr5t
09-09-2010, 10:13
Love the indicators chappy, Where dya get them?

hi mate they came from germany cost about £60.00 you should be able to find them on ebay now but at the time i bought mine direct which cost more dosh :mad:

philr5t
09-09-2010, 10:16
Phil, looking fantastic matey glad to see some progress has been made at last:laugh: Only got 3-4 weeks before the next meet matey:D Chop Chop:cooter:

You need to get those :crap: headlights out and put your new ones in place:coffee:

cheeky they are my new headlights only joking :cooter: gonna swop them over once the car has been back to the body shop for another flat and polish as i dont want to get them covered in sh*t

6th of october would love this to be the deadline

philr5t
09-09-2010, 10:18
Well done Phil!! Getting closer, by the way what make is the lamp looks very useful?

the lamp is a one off mate had it made for me to custom fit in the footwell :wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme: you joker ;)

philr5t
13-09-2010, 17:05
i hope to make some good progress this week as i have tonight and wednesday evening to work on my car plus all day and night tuesday (hopefully)

i plan to finish the following this week , touch wood no more hick ups

1 fit piping round the roof lining to smarten up

2 fit new rear brake callipers and bleed the brakes

3 re fit driveshafts after a damaged gaiter

4 make my own carpet from the front footwell to the back of the boot hoping to do it in one length :scratch:

5 fit my new carbon dash

6 make some brackets to hold the solonoids to work the pop open doors on a remote fob

7 fit front carbon door cards

8 connect hand brake back up

9 fit and connect up gear stick and linkage

if i can get all this done this week i think i will be very close to having the car running really aiming to get it done for the next surrey meet

dangerous dave
13-09-2010, 17:19
what handles have you gone with for the carbon cards, i was on ebay trying to find something a little more bling or classy that the normal renault clio or gtt ones turned on the side.. looks like i'll end up there tho as most others look sh1t..

philr5t
13-09-2010, 17:45
what handles have you gone with for the carbon cards, i was on ebay trying to find something a little more bling or classy that the normal renault clio or gtt ones turned on the side.. looks like i'll end up there tho as most others look sh1t..

i ended up going with the gt ones on there sides mate with the carbon look leather pull strap a friend of mine had some sweet looking chrome door handles which were tiny and looked spot on mate but me being boring went with the easier option

dangerous dave
13-09-2010, 17:49
i ended up going with the gt ones on there sides mate with the carbon look leather pull strap a friend of mine had some sweet looking chrome door handles which were tiny and looked spot on mate but me being boring went with the easier option

i've see loads on ebay, now way of knowing if they fit without buying them and trying.. merc, jag, audi, all have something that might fit.. id go with a toilet flush on either side but im sure it'll just snap free out the cards:(

i think theres something great out there so i'll just leave a pull cord till i find it:D

JRP
13-09-2010, 17:51
I was in a crysler or how ever its spelt the other day they had some neat handles that might work.. check it dave ya ya

dangerous dave
13-09-2010, 18:05
I was in a crysler or how ever its spelt the other day they had some neat handles that might work.. check it dave ya ya

had a look on ebay but nothing, i'll google more but i found these on a fiat 500..
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7IhKWjDc9wg/S0X-Opqf8II/AAAAAAAAB9c/vTmrITJcTlw/s1600-h/Fiat500USA-Fiat_500_Interior_Door_Handle.jpg

interesting...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-500-PULL-LEVER-CHROME-DOOR-HANDLE-ESCUTCHEON-/200433826845?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eaac97c1d

a kit like it but not to my taste.. there are options tho:cool:

SCHWARTZ
13-09-2010, 19:36
if i can get all this done this week i think i will be very close to having the car running really aiming to get it done for the next surrey meet:agree:
hope you do matey looking foward to seeing it;)

matty j
13-09-2010, 20:28
mate LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

philr5t
13-09-2010, 21:53
mate LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

thank you mate i have just been having a good look at your project as well mate looking good top stuff :agree:

philr5t
13-09-2010, 21:58
if i can get all this done this week i think i will be very close to having the car running really aiming to get it done for the next surrey meet:agree:
hope you do matey looking foward to seeing it;)

cheers gaz will try will yours be there mate

matty j
13-09-2010, 21:58
thank you mate i have just been having a good look at your project as well mate looking good top stuff :agree:

cheers dude :)

shaggy
14-09-2010, 23:03
your making some good progress there phill mate. i will have to pop over and check her out:):agree:

SCHWARTZ
15-09-2010, 20:43
hopefully :sos: see who gets there first:upyours::laugh:
wish mine was that shiny tho:cry:

philr5t
16-09-2010, 01:18
hopefully :sos: see who gets there first:upyours::laugh:
wish mine was that shiny tho:cry:

i have a feeling you will beat me to it gary still quite a hill to climb but really coming on well now had a good few last days on it and a good evening tonight on it with the help from james getting all the horrid small awkward jobs done :)

James5
16-09-2010, 08:47
i have a feeling you will beat me to it gary still quite a hill to climb but really coming on well now had a good few last days on it and a good evening tonight on it with the help from james getting all the horrid small awkward jobs done :)

Your welcome matey:agree:

shaggy
21-09-2010, 16:53
come on phill up load some more pics mate :niceone::jerkoff::D

James5
21-09-2010, 16:54
come on phill up load some more pics mate :niceone::jerkoff::D

Don't you mean come on Phil pull your finger out:laugh: must be finished by now:D

SCHWARTZ
21-09-2010, 17:42

dont know about now mines running like an old tractor at the moment:rolleyes::laugh:

James5
21-09-2010, 19:15
dont know about now mines running like an old tractor at the moment:rolleyes::laugh:

Good news that you are finally running though Gary, is there a thread for your problem so I can have a read and post comment:D

SCHWARTZ
21-09-2010, 20:34
Good news that you are finally running though Gary, is there a thread for your problem so I can have a read and post comment:D

as long as its not about time or something like that:laugh:
there is lots of little threads of varying problems i have had:rolleyes: but the one for the moment is this one:laugh:
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=18121

philr5t
29-09-2010, 01:13
some more good progress made to day, without blowing me own trumpet this car is really starting to look very tasty made myself a list before i started putting this project back together which was 120 jobs long and i now have 20 remaining so really pleased as i dont think it will be much longer before i find out what my 5 used to feel like to drive

jobs done today

re routed my vacuum pipes to get them as neat as possible with the blead valve now mounted and situated in the scuttle

carpet almost finished front and rear section in just a centre section to go in then i can join all the carpet together and glue it down

rear strut brace in

new dash on its way in as you can see from the pictues its not finished but in situ to make sure it all still fits after flocking and it does :cooter:

rear carbon tailgate panel fitted and finished

and cheers to me old man who has spent hours today under the dash plumbing in some custom pipe work so heater matrix is now finished off :agree:

and some pictures will hopefully have alot more goodies in next week so will add more pictures

cheers hope you like phil

philr5t
29-09-2010, 01:19
few more

philr5t
29-09-2010, 01:20
last one

phase i 16 v turbo
29-09-2010, 08:42
Well done, which one is the clock?:D

James5
29-09-2010, 09:01

:laugh: Michael Knight eat your heart out.

Looks fantastic can't wait to see it finally on the road:agree:

philr5t
29-09-2010, 10:01

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JRP
29-09-2010, 17:28
Phil thats really impressive mate well done :) maybe see you soon

philr5t
29-09-2010, 17:40
Phil thats really impressive mate well done :) maybe see you soon

cheers for the comments mate

yes mate definatly will meet will try and meet before the surrey meet mate been a while miss me cup of tea round your garage :coffee:

shaggy
29-09-2010, 18:03
phil mate that dash looks sexy . i want to come over and have a look :)

fidos got a raider
29-09-2010, 20:49
good job fella. She has come along way mate you have done a blinding job
cant wait to see and hear her run and go like stink:burnrubber::agree::agree:

philr5t
30-09-2010, 11:25
good job fella. She has come along way mate you have done a blinding job
cant wait to see and hear her run and go like stink:burnrubber::agree::agree:

cheers mate im looking forward to driving it again HARD LOL :wasntme:

SCHWARTZ
30-09-2010, 15:42
thats looking properly smart phill;)

philr5t
30-09-2010, 17:00
thats looking properly smart phill;)

cheers mate :agree:

philr5t
12-10-2010, 00:55
managed to get a spare evening tonight to work on my car got all the passenger side of the car finished with the carpet i have made now just got to finish off the drivers side tomorrow evening also managed to hide the tdc lead and the knock sensor so the horrid cables are not on show

heard today the air filter should be with me at the end of the week so within the next couple of weeks i think i will be there or there abouts ready to hear the car run if all goes to plan :scratch:

some pics

Wallace
12-10-2010, 10:49
managed to get a spare evening tonight to work on my car got all the passenger side of the car finished with the carpet i have made now just got to finish off the drivers side tomorrow evening also managed to hide the tdc lead and the knock sensor so the horrid cables are not on show

heard today the air filter should be with me at the end of the week so within the next couple of weeks i think i will be there or there abouts ready to hear the car run if all goes to plan :scratch:

some pics

May i recommed you making a few sets of that brand spanking carpet, cause mine will be needing it:cooter::D

:smokin:

philr5t
12-10-2010, 11:39
just a couple more pics from last night fell asleep after loading the others up :sleep:

picture of the engine bay complete just waiting for air filter, cables now hidden away and kept out the way of the turbo ;)

James5
12-10-2010, 12:27
just a couple more pics from last night fell asleep after loading the others up :sleep:

picture of the engine bay complete just waiting for air filter, cables now hidden away and kept out the way of the turbo ;)

Phil, the quality of the work you are putting in is fantastic a real credit to you matey, no bodge jobs at all, all done with patience and time taken.

Just noticed in your engine bay that you are missing the carb overflow vacum pipe:D that would normally disappear down the front of the engine

philr5t
12-10-2010, 12:31
Phil, the quality of the work you are putting in is fantastic a real credit to you matey, no bodge jobs at all, all done with patience and time taken.

Just noticed in your engine bay that you are missing the carb overflow vacum pipe:D that would normally disappear down the front of the engine

funny enough mate i noticed that i had forgot that last week :rob: think i may have some red vacuum hose left if not i have black or will just buy another length in red

thanks for the comment mate i do get itchy to cut corners to get it finished quicker but i know i will regret it when its finished and only have to do it again :agree:

philr5t
14-10-2010, 17:22
A Few More Hours Work On Tuesday Night

Bracket Made For Single Wiper
Battery Now In
Tdc Lead Now Moved
Washer Bottle Now In Place And In The Process Of Making A Bracket To Hold In Place

Should Receive The Air Filter Tomorrow

CAR ALSO LOOKING VERY NICE AND DUSTY :sad2:

benj88
14-10-2010, 17:51
unreal

philr5t
15-10-2010, 09:25
unreal

thank you mate :agree:

James5
15-10-2010, 14:56
Phil, yet again more quality work, when you have finished yours I have a few things that need doing on mine:D don't suppose you fancy making me an air filter box similar to yours:D:agree:

philr5t
15-10-2010, 16:08
Phil, yet again more quality work, when you have finished yours I have a few things that need doing on mine:D don't suppose you fancy making me an air filter box similar to yours:D:agree:

no worries mate as long as you supply the material and are good at making teas i will make it for you :)

James5
15-10-2010, 16:19
no worries mate as long as you supply the material and are good at making teas i will make it for you :)

Sounds good to me:agree:

philr5t
20-10-2010, 23:09
new filter arrived today will fit tomorrow and upload some more progress pics :)

James5
21-10-2010, 10:05
new filter arrived today will fit tomorrow and upload some more progress pics :)

Looking good like the look of tjhe end piece on that filter reminds me of an aircraft engine:agree:

Now get back into that garage and give me some update pics :)

philr5t
22-10-2010, 12:44
a few more hours work yesterday

filter now fitted nightmare never again
charge cooler electrics all connected up just awaiting a live feed
knock sensor re routed again and is much neater completely hidden now
99% of origional loom in scuttle removed now as it was ****e so decided to make my own loom half way through it

some pictures, dont look like i have done alot but it will be finished soon i can smell it in the air

philr5t
22-10-2010, 12:46
a couple more

rs250nut
22-10-2010, 12:59
I want to see this flat out up the pod when finished. Nice work phil like the air box

philr5t
22-10-2010, 13:05
I want to see this flat out up the pod when finished. Nice work phil like the air box

cheers mate flat out all the way it is :burnrubber:

just been reading your thread again mate looking forward to seeing yours go as well mate top stuff

benj88
22-10-2010, 16:04
what kind of filter is that phil? i want a beefy one, iv been looking at the group N cosworth ones but wonderd if any were does cheaper than £110?

cars looking great aswell mate :smokin:

philr5t
22-10-2010, 17:06
what kind of filter is that phil? i want a beefy one, iv been looking at the group N cosworth ones but wonderd if any were does cheaper than £110?

cars looking great aswell mate :smokin:

its a k+n filter mate it is red but flash changes the colour in the picture its an extreme model

cheers bud phil :)

philr5t
03-11-2010, 01:23
had a touch and managed to get some time off work this week to get as much done to the 5 as poss as i really want it finished now i set myself a list of jobs to do when i started and there were 132 on the list :eek: and i have now marked off 104 jobs so at the end of this week i am hoping to get the list down to about 10 jobs left which can only be done once the car is back from the body shop

engine bay now complete
carpet now complete

will try and add more pics buy the end of the week as i will be at the surrey meet tomorrow :beer: :drunk:

charge cooler electrics now connected and have been on test :agree: it works

James5
03-11-2010, 09:08
Phil, Looking good, can finally see the end of the tunnel:laugh:

philr5t
03-11-2010, 09:44
Phil, Looking good, can finally see the end of the tunnel:laugh:

i shaw can mate i feel really confident that it will be ready sometime before the end of this month

i was having a chat with my dad last night and told him i am sh*ting my pants thinking about firing it up :scared:

his reply was you son are a big pus*y a bit of fuel and some electrics fu*king sorted :laugh:

shaggy
03-11-2010, 16:50
i shaw can mate i feel really confident that it will be ready sometime before the end of this month

i was having a chat with my dad last night and told him i am sh*ting my pants thinking about firing it up :scared:

his reply was you son are a big pus*y a bit of fuel and some electrics fu*king sorted :laugh:

your old mans right mate, yourll be fine. :agree:
shes looking good mate

HAndy
03-11-2010, 18:09
looking great:agree::agree:
i really do like your chargecooler idea in the scuttle area:cool: im sure anybody who does a bigger engine conversion will find that really useful:cooter:

keep at it;)

philr5t
04-11-2010, 10:57
looking great:agree::agree:
i really do like your chargecooler idea in the scuttle area:cool: im sure anybody who does a bigger engine conversion will find that really useful:cooter:

keep at it;)

thanks mate i was quite lucky it fit in there but it has come out really well :)

philr5t
04-11-2010, 11:47
a few more pictures of my car and the progress dash wheels and door locks as jobs next on the list :)

phase i 16 v turbo
04-11-2010, 12:33
Everything looking so fresh and new. Well done mate!;)

philr5t
04-11-2010, 19:50
Everything looking so fresh and new. Well done mate!;)

cheers mate the new front and rear lights i got from you are spot on mate :agree:

philr5t
10-11-2010, 00:45
spent some more time on the 5 today had problems with bleeding the breaks and found out it was the master cylinder in the end new one now fitted brakes now bled and painted
tempory wheels now on

my plan is to get the car finished now by the end of this month or as close as poss so i can get it back to the body shop for some final touches and then start putting some miles on it early next year

here is what jobs i now have left to do out of 135 i started with

connect up gear linkage NEEDS SOME GRINDING 1 HOUR
turn inside door handles round 20 MINUTES
connect up solenoids to pop both fron doors open A GOOD EVENINGS WORK
fit carbon door cards 1-2 HOURS :coffee:
fit new plazma face o.e gauges 20 MINUTES
bolt in 2 x seats and subframes 1 HOUR IF NO DRIILING IS NEEDED
bolt in harnesses 10 MINUTES
fit new snap off boss and steering wheel 10 MINUTES
fit rear campus windows 1 HOUR :coffee:
fit new window/door and boot rubbers 1 HOUR MAX
buy and fit vacuum tube for carb overflow 30 SECONDS :ashamed:
finish carbon dash i.e wiring looms/gauges/toggle switches and buttons A LONG TIME:scratch:
fit turbo timer and rev limmiter 1 MAYBE 2 HOURS
connect up 2 x ian s gauges 1-2 HOURS :smokin: depending on where i route them
buy and have fitted a new front screen NOT ME :cooter:
fill up with engine oil/gear box oil and coolant and bleed the sytem 1 HOUR
get exhaust made and fitted :scratch::scratch::scratch: A DAY involving a trailer or flat bed
START THE CAR :agree::agree::agree:

not long now car is really looking smart well pleased with the out come

here are some pics of the wheels and the single wiper done also tonight

philr5t
10-11-2010, 00:50
i wish i had a decent camera or get the car outside for pictures :sad2:

James5
10-11-2010, 08:41
Looking good Phil, car looks a little high :laugh::agree:

Logg
10-11-2010, 09:01
Looking good Phil, car looks a little high :laugh::agree:

Must be getting ready for some 4x4 action. :eek:

Looking good mate. :agree::agree:

phase i 16 v turbo
10-11-2010, 09:25
cheers mate the new front and rear lights i got from you are spot on mate :agree:

Always a pleasure. Keep up the good work.

philr5t
10-11-2010, 09:31
Must be getting ready for some 4x4 action. :eek:

Looking good mate. :agree::agree:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: designed this way for better air flow

James5
16-11-2010, 11:53
Cough Cough Phil you lazy git you finished it yet:laugh:

philr5t
23-11-2010, 00:47
great result tonight managed to get all electrics working again head lights side lights brake lights interior light and indicators

tomorrow evening i plan to fill the engine up with oil and crank it over wont be firing it up just yet as i have now found a fault with the fuel pump think its my wiring :laugh: not the end of the world

not to long now :sad2: will add more pics asap :agree:

phase i 16 v turbo
23-11-2010, 09:30
Are you bringing it to Surrey meet?

philr5t
23-11-2010, 09:52
Are you bringing it to Surrey meet?

i would love to but i dont think i will have the time to finish it :cry:

jimmy_b
23-11-2010, 18:30
i really wish i had the time/money and motivation to make my 5 this mint but its just not there.

keep it up and really looking forward to see the finished product!!! :agree:

Tony Walker
23-11-2010, 21:37
I was at a similar point a few weeks ago, i found myself almost searching for things to do as if i didnt want to go drive it lol.
2 years of not having it got to me i think. Its as much about working on it as it is owning/driving it. You gotta bite the bullet though and get it on the road, trust me it'll be worth it, nothing better than getting to a meet with it too.

philr5t
23-11-2010, 23:21
i really wish i had the time/money and motivation to make my 5 this mint but its just not there.

keep it up and really looking forward to see the finished product!!! :agree:

cheers jimmy it has taken a long stressfull time but i am almost there now its just remembering where everything goes :wasntme::wasntme:

i loved your car on the borbets when they were standard i have a picture on my lap top somewhere of when i photo shoped a mates borbet on my car one of the best rims in my opinion but i wish they were in 15"

philr5t
23-11-2010, 23:34
I was at a similar point a few weeks ago, i found myself almost searching for things to do as if i didnt want to go drive it lol.
2 years of not having it got to me i think. Its as much about working on it as it is owning/driving it. You gotta bite the bullet though and get it on the road, trust me it'll be worth it, nothing better than getting to a meet with it too.

i think your spot on with what you say mate its just lack of time for me as i also have a beautiful baby daughter who also requires time i will get there though ;)

James5
24-11-2010, 11:08
cheers jimmy it has taken a long stressfull time but i am almost there now its just remembering where everything goes :wasntme::wasntme:

i loved your car on the borbets when they were standard i have a picture on my lap top somewhere of when i photo shoped a mates borbet on my car one of the best rims in my opinion but i wish they were in 15"

Hmm does look good how about a nice set of Azevs A's to finish it off would look sexy

http://www.wheels.uk.com/acatalog/azev-a_lg.jpg

benj88
24-11-2010, 11:54
Hmm does look good how about a nice set of Azevs A's to finish it off would look sexy

http://www.wheels.uk.com/acatalog/azev-a_lg.jpg

If only there was some for sale James, iv been looking for a set of a or c's for a looong time, il get some one day :)

philr5t
24-11-2010, 13:20
i love azev a's always have done and always fancied them on my 5 as i am a big fan of a star shaped 5 spoke the only problem is i want a real big deep dish to make the 5 look as wide as poss these are what i think i will go for but they will probably set me back near £1,500 all in give or take but they are a 3 piece billet alloy
http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/wheels/large%20billet/billet_40.jpg

IANMM
24-11-2010, 13:23
similar to mine:)

had mine refurbish by image but that cost £££££s too

phase i 16 v turbo
24-11-2010, 13:27
Hi have always had a soft spot for these bad boys.

philr5t
24-11-2010, 13:29
similar to mine:)

had mine refurbish by image but that cost £££££s too

i think image probably are one of the best wheel manufactors out there i just wish i could get these without the bolts round the edge

a friend of mine has told me if i go to there factory with a pocket full of cash they will do me a really good deal so when i have more money i will make a trip up there :eek:

IANMM
24-11-2010, 17:04
yeah there good blokes there...only2 mins from where i live:)

philr5t
30-11-2010, 00:10
some more good progress made tonight on my 5 with fault finding

found the cause to the engine not cranking over on the key which was a dodgey connection in the white electrical block behind the passenger headlight engine now cranks perfect which is all now lubed up with oil

next problem was no spark turned out to be the king lead not on properly lol :rob:
now have a good strong spark

gear linkage now connected with short shift kit in place struggled getting 5th gear but was getting all other gears extended the linkage rod and bingo all 5 gears

hand brake finally connected up and feels good have set it on about 5 notches on ratchet

only job i couldnt finish tonight was a problem with the fuel pump it seems my brand new uprated fuel pump is a dud one :scratch: but i still have a fault with not getting a live feed down to the pump ran a quick test and i have a live feed to the fuel pump relay so i will now need to test a bit further tomorrow night

will up date more pictures when some nicer jobs are done :agree:

James5
30-11-2010, 08:45
some more good progress made tonight on my 5 with fault finding

found the cause to the engine not cranking over on the key which was a dodgey connection in the white electrical block behind the passenger headlight engine now cranks perfect which is all now lubed up with oil

next problem was no spark turned out to be the king lead not on properly lol :rob:
now have a good strong spark

gear linkage now connected with short shift kit in place struggled getting 5th gear but was getting all other gears extended the linkage rod and bingo all 5 gears

hand brake finally connected up and feels good have set it on about 5 notches on ratchet

only job i couldnt finish tonight was a problem with the fuel pump it seems my brand new uprated fuel pump is a dud one :scratch: but i still have a fault with not getting a live feed down to the pump ran a quick test and i have a live feed to the fuel pump relay so i will now need to test a bit further tomorrow night

will up date more pictures when some nicer jobs are done :agree:

Good to speak last night on the phone matey glad you got to the bottom of the niggly problems, as you said last night the fuel pump sounds like a dud if it's not running straight of the battery. I would aslo check out your dodgey wiring as well to the fuel pump if your not getting a feed to the pump (it's the white wire from the relay that provideds the positive feed to the fuel pump that is after the relay has clicked a live feed to it that is). Might be worth when you get your new pump just to test it before you put it on and then when installed bridge the fuel pump relay from red to white for constant live feed just to make sure you can hear the pump fire up only do this for a few secs you really don't want to run a dry pump.

phase i 16 v turbo
30-11-2010, 09:37
"Found the cause to the engine not cranking over on the key which was a dodgey connection in the white electrical block behind the passenger headlight engine now cranks perfect which is all now lubed up with oil"

The connector of death :p

philr5t
30-11-2010, 11:13
"Found the cause to the engine not cranking over on the key which was a dodgey connection in the white electrical block behind the passenger headlight engine now cranks perfect which is all now lubed up with oil"

The connector of death :p

indeed mate a real bad design :mad:

philr5t
30-11-2010, 11:16
Good to speak last night on the phone matey glad you got to the bottom of the niggly problems, as you said last night the fuel pump sounds like a dud if it's not running straight of the battery. I would aslo check out your dodgey wiring as well to the fuel pump if your not getting a feed to the pump (it's the white wire from the relay that provideds the positive feed to the fuel pump that is after the relay has clicked a live feed to it that is). Might be worth when you get your new pump just to test it before you put it on and then when installed bridge the fuel pump relay from red to white for constant live feed just to make sure you can hear the pump fire up only do this for a few secs you really don't want to run a dry pump.

called up gsf today and explained the fault with the brand new fuel pump and they are going to try and get a new one delivered to me today if they dont say it snowing to much for them to drive here will check the pump first and then try and find the wiring fault once the pumps working i will only have my door locks and the dash to finish and then i will have my project finished :):):):):):):):):):)

James5
30-11-2010, 12:12
called up gsf today and explained the fault with the brand new fuel pump and they are going to try and get a new one delivered to me today if they dont say it snowing to much for them to drive here will check the pump first and then try and find the wiring fault once the pumps working i will only have my door locks and the dash to finish and then i will have my project finished :):):):):):):):):):)

Phil, that single white wire you have in the bulkhead you mentioned last night by any chance is that your tacho wire??

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Technical%20Files/Scoff/aei.jpg

gtmatt
30-11-2010, 13:12
hands down to you mate looks really well :) give us a call before crimbo catch up :)

philr5t
30-11-2010, 14:25
hands down to you mate looks really well :) give us a call before crimbo catch up :)

cheers matty boy for the comment will definatly call you before xmas mate :agree:

philr5t
14-12-2010, 11:21
update on the project 5 sorted the fuel pump issue and now have all the gear box/stick linkage done

drilled and fixed front carbon door cards last night but need to come off again just to fit the solonoids to be able to pop the doors open of a remote fob

jobs left now till finished

fit door solonoids
fit rear campus windows, finish off the dash and connect all gauges up

over christmas i will fill the gear box up with oil add coolant and bleed the system add some fuel and fire it up

will update with pictures as soon as im quessing around 5 evenings work till its finished :D

philr5t
30-12-2010, 17:44
just a small update as i have managed to get one days work on the car over christmas oil fluids now in coolant and bled eng oil gear box oil also now in

door handles now turned on there sides and my solenoids are now all connected up and work a treat when popping open the doors

jobs to finish now

dash gauges/wiring
windows to fit
get exhaust made
bolt in seats
harnesses
fit new steering wheel

almost there :) will add more pics when i get a chance

James5
30-12-2010, 22:45
Here you go Phil, that video of your doors popping on the solenoids for you matey

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25/GTTJames/th_MOV00980.jpg (http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25/GTTJames/?action=view&current=MOV00980.mp4)

Tony Walker
31-12-2010, 00:36
Looking fantastic, didnt reply to your previous post, congrats on the daughter i have an amazing little boy and an unknown lil one due in bout 7 weeks. glad i got my 5 back on the road before the second one arrives otherwise i doubt i'd of got chance lol.

philr5t
09-01-2011, 22:59
rolled my car out the garage today to work on it and thought wow that is bright its not been outside for so long i forgot how bright the red was, i managed to finish my door solenoids after having a fcuking knightmare with them but all good now and also got my rear campus windows in and fitted no probs at all went straight in. Tomorrow's job is to get the front windows working and fit the carbon door cards finally and then crack on with the dash

Tony Walker
09-01-2011, 23:02
The first seven words in your last post made my heart skip a beat lol Was thinkin, bugger me how the hell you roll your car coming out a garage????

philr5t
09-01-2011, 23:09
The first seven words in your last post made my heart skip a beat lol Was thinkin, bugger me how the hell you roll your car coming out a garage????

lol:laugh:

James5
09-01-2011, 23:38
No pics of the 5 in daylight then Phil?

philr5t
10-01-2011, 00:02
No pics of the 5 in daylight then Phil?

i took my camera with me but forgot to charge it before i left my house :rob:
mate i am up there tomorrow mate so i will try and get some progress pics

James5
10-01-2011, 08:47
i took my camera with me but forgot to charge it before i left my house :rob:
mate i am up there tomorrow mate so i will try and get some progress pics

:agree: Good man, look forwarding to seeing some pics of it in natural light:cooter:

5teve L
10-01-2011, 10:24
:agree: Good man, look forwarding to seeing some pics of it in natural light:cooter:
:agree:

Dave Reed
10-01-2011, 14:51
So Phil, will this be at the next Surrey meet??? Looking forward to seeing it, top job fella, you have a real attention to detail :agree:

philr5t
11-01-2011, 03:12
a few pics

James5
11-01-2011, 08:48
So what's left now dude?

Tony Walker
11-01-2011, 22:59
Towing eye through the front bumper?

philr5t
12-01-2011, 00:35
Towing eye through the front bumper?

:agree: correct its hidden when the bumpers on mate :D

philr5t
12-01-2011, 00:49
here are a couple more pics

the jobs i have left now are

1 get a new drivers window motor and fit as mine has given up
2 fit seats steering wheel and harnesses
3 make good and fit new gear stick gator
4 small water leak found on heater matrix pipe needs tightening
5 fit and connect up my new part of the dash (longest job)
6 fit front window rubbers
7 fit front screen
8 fill up with petrol and run in

9 get exhaust made
10 tax and mot
11 back to body shop for a couple of days couple of bits im not happy with

12 finally get the car out to as many MEETS this year as poss :)

James5
12-01-2011, 11:18
Looking good matey, only a couple of hours max left for you to do on the final jobs speak with Mike ref getting the window motor, also worth greasing up the regulator aswell, you just need to book the specialists for the windscreen and the exhaust now and then set the car up so she runs properly and then MOT time:agree: and then get the fueling setup.

philr5t
12-01-2011, 13:24
Looking good matey, only a couple of hours max left for you to do on the final jobs speak with Mike ref getting the window motor, also worth greasing up the regulator aswell, you just need to book the specialists for the windscreen and the exhaust now and then set the car up so she runs properly and then MOT time:agree: and then get the fueling setup.

window motor now sorted courtesy of mr dave reed :agree: if i can afford it i will have the screen and exhaust fitted when i get paid this month but the screen will be last of all as its easier to finish all the dash off with no screen fitted

5teve L
12-01-2011, 14:31
window motor now sorted courtesy of mr dave reed :agree: if i can afford it i will have the screen and exhaust fitted when i get paid this month but the screen will be last of all as its easier to finish all the dash off with no screen fitted
:agree:

shaggy
12-01-2011, 17:11
Im getting excited i can't wait to see her runnig :).

tubbyG
12-01-2011, 17:39
are they DIY door cards? they look swish:cool:, I could totaly do with a set of them!

scratcher
12-01-2011, 18:27
It's so close now Phil :cool: great work bud.

I like the towing eye idea. Can you twist it off untill you (never, hopefully) need it?

philr5t
13-01-2011, 00:47
Im getting excited i can't wait to see her runnig :).

me to mate pop up when im ready to fire her up you can be in charge or the extinguisher :wasntme:

philr5t
13-01-2011, 00:51
are they DIY door cards? they look swish:cool:, I could totaly do with a set of them!

hi mate i had them made for me by performance trim they should still have my template so if you still needs some see if they could knock you a set up im sure they will :agree:

philr5t
13-01-2011, 01:05
It's so close now Phil :cool: great work bud.

I like the towing eye idea. Can you twist it off untill you (never, hopefully) need it?

cheers scratcher me old mate for the coments
i done the towing eye this way as i wanted the whole bumper smothed in with no lose tow eye cover in place its clever but simple how its done the tow eye body is from a bmw e36, i had the front slam panel stregthened with the tow eye body welded in then when the bumper is on i have a hole hidden behind my number plate where you would screw the tow eye into the body.

it will be more than strong enough to pull up on a trailer or a flat bed with a winch but i will never try and tow off it :wasntme: as idont want the front end to look like the front of a boat :)

phase i 16 v turbo
13-01-2011, 09:07
Got the Campus rubbers and windows in ok I see.

philr5t
13-01-2011, 12:22
Got the Campus rubbers and windows in ok I see.

spot on cheers for those mike went in a piece off p*ss 20 minutes and they were both fitted the price i bought them for from yourself does that include you being able to clean them for me as well :laugh::laugh::wasntme:

phase i 16 v turbo
13-01-2011, 12:30
spot on cheers for those mike went in a piece off p*ss 20 minutes and they were both fitted the price i bought them for from yourself does that include you being able to clean them for me as well :laugh::laugh::wasntme:
Just fit the rubbers and then you will not need to clean the windows.:D

Wallace
13-01-2011, 22:16
Good effort Phil:agree:

Seriously close now mate, can't wait to see it:cool:

Roll on the summer day light...............and no mines not done yet either:ashamed: at this rate you'll be on the road before me and i've only done an engine:D not the whole fooking motor:laugh::laugh::devil:

philr5t
27-01-2011, 00:49
hi all bit of a slow update due to work being really busy and not enough time to spend on the 5 but some progress made to day and a few pics to try out my new iphone bloody good quality pics just wished a would have washed the car first, wiring for the central locking doors all sorted out and neatly hidden behind dash and now the new dash has been fitted just need to bolt it down tight and start the fun part wiring it all up no pics of the dash yet will wait till it looks like i have done something :D

philr5t
27-01-2011, 00:53
more pics

philr5t
27-01-2011, 00:58
cant wait to see seats s/wheel and harnesses in there now :)

philr5t
27-01-2011, 01:01
last one :wasntme:

Dave Reed
27-01-2011, 10:19
Looking forward to seeing this out soon, top quality work mate :agree:

Have you fired her up yet?? :D

philr5t
27-01-2011, 11:02
Looking forward to seeing this out soon, top quality work mate :agree:

Have you fired her up yet?? :D

cheers mate i have had it cranking over but still need to add fuel before i fire it up want to try and complete the car including having an ehaust made before i run just so i feel everything is complete on the car first really want it all done and mot'd by end of march

dont forget to come up wednesday so i can give you your money :agree:

bought the nitrous kit so hoping to have it all fitted in feb :wasntme:

5teve L
27-01-2011, 13:59
Looking good mate, may have to pop over sometime & check it out :)

James5
27-01-2011, 14:28
Looking good mate, may have to pop over sometime & check it out :)

:agree: with you on that one:D

philr5t
27-01-2011, 14:41
if you boys are early enough maybe befor the surrey meet on wednesday

James5
27-01-2011, 14:45
if you boys are early enough maybe befor the surrey meet on wednesday

Not sure I am making the meet on wednesday matey all depends on work as I am supposed to be in Birmingham on a 2 day conference:crap:

philr5t
27-01-2011, 15:12
Not sure I am making the meet on wednesday matey all depends on work as I am supposed to be in Birmingham on a 2 day conference:crap:

Sicky mate

Dave Reed
27-01-2011, 17:43
cheers mate i have had it cranking over but still need to add fuel before i fire it up want to try and complete the car including having an ehaust made before i run just so i feel everything is complete on the car first really want it all done and mot'd by end of march

dont forget to come up wednesday so i can give you your money :agree:

bought the nitrous kit so hoping to have it all fitted in feb :wasntme:

Hahaha, well your more paitent than me, it's not even my car and I already want to come round with some fuel ;)

Yeh hopefully should be going to surrey meet, same place/time mate?

Good man :agree: don't forget though "amateurs don't use nitrous oxide" :wasntme:

philr5t
27-01-2011, 17:53
Hahaha, well your more paitent than me, it's not even my car and I already want to come round with some fuel ;)

Yeh hopefully should be going to surrey meet, same place/time mate?

Good man :agree: don't forget though "amateurs don't use nitrous oxide" :wasntme:

im not that patient mate really i aint looking forward to the gas and yes mate same time same place for the surrey meet :agree:

shaggy
27-01-2011, 20:29
me to mate pop up when im ready to fire her up you can be in charge or the extinguisher :wasntme:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

pascal-GT
30-01-2011, 12:40
very very nice!!! good job:agree::cool:

philr5t
30-01-2011, 18:46
very very nice!!! good job:agree::cool:

Many thanks mate

Some nice good parts collected from mike today so some more progress pics will go up this week

rs250nut
30-01-2011, 19:51
Many thanks mate

Some nice good parts collected from mike today so some more progress pics will go up this week

Chop fcuking chop

philr5t
30-01-2011, 23:53
Chop fcuking chop

:laugh::laugh::laugh: you joker :agree:

philr5t
04-02-2011, 11:46
morning all some more progress pictures of the lower panel on my dash i have made it has come out really well unable to take a picture of it in the car as i ran out of time but over the weekend i will put it all in to show how it looks

more pics being loaded up

do i fit a radio or not ?????

James5
04-02-2011, 12:18
You got an ipod ? then feck the radio:laugh:

philr5t
04-02-2011, 12:51
some more progress pics

philr5t
04-02-2011, 12:59
more pics of the dash

philr5t
04-02-2011, 13:03
you can see how the dash is laid out in the last picture but now almost complete

phase i 16 v turbo
04-02-2011, 13:10
The Knight Industries Ten-Thousand

philr5t
04-02-2011, 16:26
The Knight Industries Ten-Thousand

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

philr5t
04-02-2011, 16:28
http://www.gtturbo.org/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=8872&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1296824624 (http://www.gtturbo.org/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=8872&d=1296824624)

did you enjoy that shot of gas wednesday mate :wasntme::wasntme: pmsl

phase i 16 v turbo
04-02-2011, 17:07
Slept like a bady.:smokin:

shaggy
04-02-2011, 17:31
Feck me phill mate the dash is looking sexy. Youve got your work cut out wireing that up though. It will look good when though :)

philr5t
04-02-2011, 17:43
Feck me phill mate the dash is looking sexy. Youve got your work cut out wireing that up though. It will look good when though :)

cheers mate gonna wire it all up on the back of the dash first and next week hopefully get it all wired up to the new loom i have built in the dash

SCHWARTZ
04-02-2011, 20:33
Philp mate looks ace. Get it down the meet:D

philr5t
04-02-2011, 21:04
Philp mate looks ace. Get it down the meet:D

Cheers gaz I plan to try and have it out at the Surrey meet in April mate if all goes to plan ;)

car.crash
04-02-2011, 21:22
your dragging this out abit :p

philr5t
04-02-2011, 21:53
your dragging this out abit :p

Patience my old mate is a virtue :agree:

Dave Reed
05-02-2011, 17:27
some more progress pics

Did you go for the armtech with launch control?? You seemed impressed with mine :) It'll teach me for showing of, I left it plugged in, turned the steering and it got jammed in the socket, hence y I didn't move for a bit :cry: :D

Dave Reed
05-02-2011, 17:28
You got an ipod ? then feck the radio:laugh:

:agree::agree::agree::laugh:

philr5t
05-02-2011, 17:39
Did you go for the armtech with launch control?? You seemed impressed with mine :) It'll teach me for showing of, I left it plugged in, turned the steering and it got jammed in the socket, hence y I didn't move for a bit :cry: :D

Hi mate. Yes bought the armtech kit with launch control quite some time ago now for mine but only now it's almost ready to connect up was looking at yours the oyher night and I like the way yours is set up

Hope your kits still ok and didn't get damaged mate

philr5t
06-02-2011, 00:54
Tommorows plan is to wire up the second part of my new dash board I will keep you posted ;)

philr5t
08-02-2011, 11:10
A fun evening last night sitting in my conservatory soldering up the new carbon panel for the dash i have made, was quite tricky and very involved but i have done it in a way so only 1 live and 1 earth feeds all switches and buttons. Green cables and blue cables feed the components being used. next job on thursday is to try and get it all linked up and working in the dash

James5
08-02-2011, 11:49
A fun evening last night sitting in my conservatory soldering up the new carbon panel for the dash i have made, was quite tricky and very involved but i have done it in a way so only 1 live and 1 earth feeds all switches and buttons. Green cables and blue cables feed the components being used. next job on thursday is to try and get it all linked up and working in the dash

:laugh:Stop fannying about and get on with some real progres:wasntme::laugh::cooter:

Ashy
08-02-2011, 13:02
Hey mate, just looking through this thread for the first time!! Awesome Job :agree:

Have you got any recent pics of the car outside in the daylight? I'm trying to find a nice red to paint mine and yours does look mint but is it too bright?

philr5t
08-02-2011, 13:14
Hey mate, just looking through this thread for the first time!! Awesome Job :agree:

Have you got any recent pics of the car outside in the daylight? I'm trying to find a nice red to paint mine and yours does look mint but is it too bright?

Cheers mate the colour is Rosso corsa Ferrari red but on a late model I will try and get some good outside pics on Thursday for you but the colour is bright and I would not change it for anything else as it looks the nuts wicked colour mate but will certainly stand out from the crowd :D

shaggy
08-02-2011, 18:14
:laugh:Stop fannying about and get on with some real progres:wasntme::laugh::cooter:

HA HA:laugh::laugh:

Trevhib
09-02-2011, 09:25

What a bodge job :sad2:

:D

philr5t
09-02-2011, 11:50
What a bodge job :sad2:

:D

:scratch:

HAndy
09-02-2011, 12:35
ignore:D

looking sweeet:smokin:

philr5t
09-02-2011, 15:36
ignore:D

looking sweeet:smokin:

cheers mate i was quite suprised to see a comment like that in a build thread oh well ill have a chat with him one day and find out what part of my 2 year 20+k car he finds a bodge ;)

IANMM
09-02-2011, 16:00

I hope you have done a wiring diagram just in case you ever sell her lol :)

philr5t
09-02-2011, 17:19
I hope you have done a wiring diagram just in case you ever sell her lol :)

LOL :laugh: i havnt mate but i hope that i will never need to sell her

IANMM
09-02-2011, 17:40
LOL :laugh: i havnt mate but i hope that i will never need to sell her

ok well for when old age creeps up on you and you cant work out where the red wire goes.....lol

philr5t
09-02-2011, 17:50
ok well for when old age creeps up on you and you cant work out where the red wire goes.....lol

:agree: agreed mate lets hope i dont go blind in my old age :cry:

Trevhib
09-02-2011, 18:21
:scratch:

Phil, I was joking bud. You're doing a cracking job! I love to see top workmanship on DIY projects like this. :agree:

philr5t
09-02-2011, 19:45
Phil, I was joking bud. You're doing a cracking job! I love to see top workmanship on DIY projects like this. :agree:

No worries mate :agree:

5teve L
09-02-2011, 20:10
Wish you'd done the wiring for Renault Phil, I could just join 2 wires & the car would go :cooter:

philr5t
09-02-2011, 21:59
Wish you'd done the wiring for Renault Phil, I could just join 2 wires & the car would go :cooter:

It's quite easy when you have the know how mate :cooter: he says :wasntme:

philr5t
18-02-2011, 01:21
A good days work today on the 5 but no pics yet, managed today to get 90% of the dash finished just some tidying up left to do now to get it all neat again,I have now managed to wire up front fogs,rear fogs,hazards and rear heated screen all off the new led buttons.I have also connected all the toggles I'm using that work my charge cooler,front washer jets,front wipers, permanent ignition live,auxiliary live and main ignition live. So now I have no ignition barrel and the car is now cranking perfect on the push button start. Left to do on the dash is connect up turbo timer,rev limmiter and launch control and Lecky windows

Will update pics as soon as

philr5t
10-03-2011, 17:14
been a while but been on this dash for to long now but finally got there it just needs screwing in and thats the main section done here are some pics

philr5t
10-03-2011, 17:24
a few more

Gttnutter
10-03-2011, 19:04
phil it looks like you got the short shift but it does look close engaging 1/3/5 to the control box, is it an issue or just me?

philr5t
10-03-2011, 22:18
phil it looks like you got the short shift but it does look close engaging 1/3/5 to the control box, is it an issue or just me?

Lol mate it looks close but it's the picture there is loads of room there mate

philr5t
17-03-2011, 11:52
here is my dash now complete just needs a steering wheel to finish it off,couple of small issues that need sorting but apart from one more evenings work the dash will be complete hope you like :)

philr5t
17-03-2011, 11:54
couple more

DaveMayGTT
17-03-2011, 12:04
Are you sure that wont blind you at night?! :eek:
Looks amazing, nice work!

James5
17-03-2011, 12:42

:laugh: defo going to get some reflection on the windscreen at night from those gauges :laugh:

Phil that is looking fantastic matey, the end is looking alot closer now matey

Smokey
17-03-2011, 13:40
its like being in the cock pit of a plane :laugh: looking good.

philr5t
17-03-2011, 13:56

cheers mate i made the canope/lid for it in a way so at night i cant get a reflection from the screen and in the day time the canope will prevent the sun beaming on the gauges which would of made it hard to see

cheers again phil :)

Dave Reed
17-03-2011, 14:30
Phil, you just saved me a trip later in the year mate :agree:

No need to visit Blackpool for the xmas lights now ;):D

Only joking dude, looks fantastic mate, top work, in fact, fancy getting your wood saw out and knocking me one up :)

philr5t
17-03-2011, 16:02
Phil, you just saved me a trip later in the year mate :agree:

No need to visit Blackpool for the xmas lights now ;):D

Only joking dude, looks fantastic mate, top work, in fact, fancy getting your wood saw out and knocking me one up :)

lol i have an account with edf on the lecky i will be using per quarter :laugh: if i had the time and patience again mate i would love to make another one :)

phase i 16 v turbo
17-03-2011, 16:02
What does the brown wire second from the right do?

philr5t
17-03-2011, 16:10
What does the brown wire second from the right do?

lol needs to go to the alternator for the battery light but i will take it straight in the back of the clocks less **** in the bay then BOYS

shaggy
17-03-2011, 18:22
Wheres the switch for the landing gear phill:D shes looking good mate when do we get to see her run.

Wallace
17-03-2011, 22:45
Very impressive Phil....................as i keep saying - Top Job:agree:

Am really looking forward to seeing it at one of the meets:D:agree:

philr5t
17-03-2011, 23:18
Very impressive Phil....................as i keep saying - Top Job:agree:

Am really looking forward to seeing it at one of the meets:D:agree:

Cheers me old mukka I wanted ready for the April Surrey meet but money is holding me up at the mo due to my wedding in July so fingers crossed it should be at my big meet on the second of may a day event on bank holiday Monday ;)

James5
08-04-2011, 16:23
Anymore progress yet matey??

philr5t
09-04-2011, 13:27
Anymore progress yet matey??

Been away a bit lately fishing but I am back on it again this week coming will be trying to fire it up on Tuesday and if all goes well I will get the screen and exhaust fitted the next wee and then it should be pretty much ready for the Mot mate.

Best insurance quote so far is £680 fully comp witha guaranteed value of 10k

philr5t
13-04-2011, 00:26
Well today felt a very emotional day but also a brilliant day as today for me was d day and I finally heard my car run for the first time since 2006 wooooooo hoooooo a small fueling problem to sort on the adjustable regulator as the engine was basically seizing up with the amount of fuel going in and I believe the fpr has been set from factory massively high as the pressure gauge was reading more than 9 psi on initial start and just flooding the engine to a stand still but hopefully now I'm well on cause to have the car finished by the end of this month :):):):)
Will update more pics next week when the seats are in and interior completely finshed

philr5t
23-04-2011, 20:00
well its been a while since i updated this thread but all is going well now with my car and i am so close now to having it finished and fit for the road

this is what i have left before its ready
adjust fpr as its over fuelling
have screen fitted on tuesday and fit wiper arm
get exhaust made and fitted
fit new snap off boss and s/wheel
adjust front coilovers and lower back of car
fit gaiter round gear stick
adjust gear linkage to get 5th gear
and finally check oil drain from turbo as it has a slight leak

and finally some pics of how it looks so far promise ill wash it soon :D

philr5t
23-04-2011, 20:03
some more pics

philr5t
23-04-2011, 20:16
some more pics and a few more to come :)

philr5t
23-04-2011, 20:20
probably the last pics now till she is on the road a picture of me dads toy as well

thanks for looking

Brigsy
23-04-2011, 20:34
How much fuel pressure and what size needle jet are you running mate?

James5
23-04-2011, 20:34
Phil Pic's look awesome matey, look forward to seeing it at the next surrey meet:D

gtmatt
23-04-2011, 20:47
amazing mate just amazing well done , cnt wait to see it in the flash ,keep good work up see u soon matt:)

philr5t
23-04-2011, 21:07
How much fuel pressure and what size needle jet are you running mate?

this is my carb spec mate carb is only tempory for this year as it will be going efi end of this year early next year was meant to be done already but the body shop charged me more than expected and i had to spend the efi money :cry:

carb spec 27mm venturi
choke flap removed
butterfly half shaft

jet sizes
140 main jet
100 air corrector
125 screw-in boost enrichment jet
150 fixed boost enrichment jet
boost enichment spring adjuster bung removed

yet to use as this was built for me, i think brigsy my problem lies with the fpr as i forgot to set it :sad2: and only noticed it flying past 9psi when it was to late as the car fired up instantly. Thank fully it flooded and shut off after 1-2 seconds of running so no damage should have been done to the bores will fire it up again on tuesday and let you know the outcome mate

philr5t
23-04-2011, 21:18
cheers james for the comments mate really looking forward to getting the car to some meets now this year looks like i've timed it right with the weather at the mo

and mat cheers as well for the comments i know it gets frustrating mate trying to rebuild a car from a bare shell as its given me headache after headache but when i look at the car now i can feel why i wanted to do it so badly do try and get stuck back into yours mate and dont give up to help me i wrote a list of jobs i had to do and ticked them off one by one as i done it mate started with 188 jobs now down to about 5-6 small jobs do a list mate it does help :agree:

Brigsy
23-04-2011, 21:29
Ah i see mate, the carb wont like 9psi, drop it down to 4 psi for run in :) Getting there now though, on road for national day??

philr5t
23-04-2011, 22:45
Ah i see mate, the carb wont like 9psi, drop it down to 4 psi for run in :) Getting there now though, on road for national day??

yes mate hopefully will be well run in for national day if i dont find any major probs, hopefully on tuesday i would have it running again with the fpr set this time lol

philr5t
29-04-2011, 19:05
Ok some more progress made today but no pics yet fuelling sorted now on the fpr and the car is booked in to have the screen fitted and the exhaust made and fitted on Tuesday so that only leaves me to set the gear linkage tighten the font coilovers and check the oil drain from the turbo and then its all ready for Mot tax and insurance

SCHWARTZ
29-04-2011, 20:50
Phill that looks really smart fella. Glad to see you sorted out the fueling you nutter :laugh: cant wait to see this at the meet. Good luck bud;)

philr5t
29-04-2011, 23:11
Phill that looks really smart fella. Glad to see you sorted out the fueling you nutter :laugh: cant wait to see this at the meet. Good luck bud;)

Cheers gaz I'm getting the right buzz now for driving it again now mate it won't make the meet this Wednesday but it will be out for national day and the Surrey meet next month mate

SCHWARTZ
30-04-2011, 20:25
Ace cant wait. You gona let me take it out on track:wasntme:

5teve L
30-04-2011, 22:26
Race you to being on the road :cooter:

philr5t
01-05-2011, 01:35
Race you to being on the road :cooter:

Ok mate your on the loser buys the drinks I would have said beer but I'm still T total at the mo mate :cry:

philr5t
01-05-2011, 01:37
Ace cant wait. You gona let me take it out on track:wasntme:

As long as I can put yours up the strip mate unlimited runs all day :)

5teve L
01-05-2011, 07:35
Ok mate your on the loser buys the drinks I would have said beer but I'm still T total at the mo mate :cry:
So am I, a becks blue on it then ;)

James5
02-05-2011, 23:17
Couple of movies uploaded on Phil's behalf :D

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25/GTTJames/th_IMG_0361.jpg (http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25/GTTJames/?action=view&current=IMG_0361.mp4)

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25/GTTJames/th_IMG_0361b.jpg (http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25/GTTJames/?action=view&current=IMG_0361b.mp4)

James5
02-05-2011, 23:20
Just to add if my photobucket account asks for a password use - smellyfeet

:laugh:

philr5t
02-05-2011, 23:37
Cheers again James for putting the videos up if only I new what technology is lol I will call you and let you know how getting the screen fitted goes tomorrow and will let you know if all goes well having the exhaust made and fitted tomorrow as well mate :agree:

Logg
03-05-2011, 09:32
Good work Phil :agree: not long left now. :)

James5
03-05-2011, 11:00
Cheers again James for putting the videos up if only I new what technology is lol I will call you and let you know how getting the screen fitted goes tomorrow and will let you know if all goes well having the exhaust made and fitted tomorrow as well mate :agree:

:agree: Your welcome Babe:cooter: keep me posted on todays progress and keep the pics coming

DaveMayGTT
03-05-2011, 15:27
Looks very nice indeed!!

SCHWARTZ
03-05-2011, 16:49
Looks like both of ya will have yours done before mine:sad2: gets done for the second time:laugh: phill youre welcome to, break it you buy it tho:cooter:

James5
03-05-2011, 18:09
Looks like both of ya will have yours done before mine:sad2: gets done for the second time:laugh: phill youre welcome to, break it you buy it tho:cooter:

:laugh:You enjoying tht more reliable engine :D

Markey Mark (BD)
03-05-2011, 19:16
:laugh:You enjoying tht more reliable engine :D

How many 'relaible' moments you had with yours James. :D;)

James5
03-05-2011, 19:23
How many 'relaible' moments you had with yours James. :D;)

:laugh: it's me not the engine :laugh:

SCHWARTZ
03-05-2011, 20:55
:laugh: it's me not the engine :laugh:

:ashamed: i know how ya feel james:laugh:

SCHWARTZ
03-05-2011, 21:01
still more reliable than my c1j, well until the t28 went on anyway:laugh:

philr5t
03-05-2011, 23:18
Ok some more good progress today for me as I am now water tight with the new screen now fitted and I also took the car down on a flat bed to powerflow for them to make my exhaust the guy mark who made it is fantastic and I am really pleased with the outcome I'll upload pics now so should take about 20 mins I also have a video of it running now with the exhaust on so if I know how to do I'll put that up if not James can do it tomorrow lol

Cheers phil

philr5t
04-05-2011, 00:07
here are the pics of the car on its way to have the 3" down pipe and exhaust fitted

philr5t
04-05-2011, 00:12
a few more exhaust pics

philr5t
04-05-2011, 00:15
some more

philr5t
04-05-2011, 00:49
this is the link to a video of the car now running with exhaust on http://s853.photobucket.com/albums/ab97/philr5/?action=view&current=ihuhi029.mp4

5teve L
04-05-2011, 08:18
Whats with the brake/fuel lines down the exhaust tunnel Phil, they aren't down there usually are they :confused:

James5
04-05-2011, 08:38
Whats with the brake/fuel lines down the exhaust tunnel Phil, they aren't down there usually are they :confused:

:laugh: Yeah they are there normally matey well mine are aswell

philr5t
04-05-2011, 09:45

I hope this don't add another job to your list mate if you have to move the fuel lines now ;)

James5
17-05-2011, 14:21
A couple of update pics from Phil that he emailed me.

James5
17-05-2011, 14:22
Another pic

DaveMayGTT
17-05-2011, 14:43
You can't get much fresher than that! :agree: Not to sure on the round exhaust poking out the side but what a monster exhaust system it its! :eek: