PDA

View Full Version : parking ticket

richi
21-06-2009, 21:08
does anyone know a website that can give you ways out of a ticket?
got one on a back street on sunday, ther where loads of cars on there and i asumed it was alrite but we all got one grrrrrr

car.crash
21-06-2009, 21:32
try
www.dont-park-your-car-on-yellow-lines-or-you-get-a-ticket.com (http://www.dont-park-your-car-on-yellow-lines-or-you-get-a-ticket.com)

richi
21-06-2009, 21:50
thanks for the comment very useful website:cry:

car.crash
21-06-2009, 21:53
do you honestly think there is a website dedicated to getting poeple out of paying for parking tickets? if it was undeserved then you could take it up in court.

tiff_lee
21-06-2009, 23:09
Check the yellow lines they should be solid all the way along, i.e if there is any breaks in the lines through painnt fade etc that can void your ticket.
Also the yellow lines should end with a single line perpendicular to both of them if not also void...

Sparkie
21-06-2009, 23:31
yes, this is true. some old giffer was on the local news who fought and won on that technicality. he then went around parking on yellow lines that werent completely solid, just to prove his point....

markey b
21-06-2009, 23:37
i've had a few parking outside my other halves flat (on site at hospital) but i just ignore them, and i've never heard a thing! maybe vinci dont bother to chase them up they just try and scare you into paying saying that it goes up to £40 after a week, hoping you'll pay up

richi
22-06-2009, 22:25
i heared about the breaks in the lines and the bar at the end, the double yellows that i was parked on where faded and had loads off chunks of the lines broken with no bar at the end, i would normally just pay the fine but the lines are in such bad condition i just dont feel like paying it lol
when i said a website i ment just with some basics on the law behind it such as what conditions the lines have to be in and signs etc

Sparkie
22-06-2009, 22:30
take photos of the breaks and end, make sure they are dated. send them back with the ticket explaining why you are not paying them.

Gymnast
22-06-2009, 22:40
yellow lines must also end with a bar at the end ... or, what i found out recently, they can meet a parking zone (i.e. dotted white lined box)

markey b
23-06-2009, 00:32
so basically they dont mean **** if they have fallen into disrepair, eg. worn off in parts?

Sparkie
23-06-2009, 09:22
yep, exactly. traffic wardens know this too, but try it on.

richi
23-06-2009, 17:30
rubbish question but how do i date the pictures as i will email them the pics, i take it i can do it through my camara?

Trevhib
23-06-2009, 17:49
It's worth noting that it's now councils that enforce parking on double yellows and the like, not the police. This means that in the evenings, after traffic attendants have finished, you can park your car on double yellows and in other restricted areas and 'generally' get away with it.

This is to say anywhere you're not causing an obvious obstruction or parking like a tw*t, for which the police will hammer your balls using some other law-enforcing method.

Also, for single yellows, there has to be sign denoting what the time restrictions are, otherwise the lines don't count for sh*t.

This is what you pay your £25 for. Plus £5 to me. :agree:

Kenobi
23-06-2009, 17:58
does anyone know a website that can give you ways out of a ticket?
got one on a back street on sunday, ther where loads of cars on there and i asumed it was alrite but we all got one grrrrrr

Fax it to me mate i will see what we can do 05603105782. www.htecuk.com (http://www.htecuk.com)

richi
24-06-2009, 20:38
will try and fax it tomo mate whats the website about?

Blick
24-06-2009, 20:42
go back with some paint stripper and take em off the rd :agree:;) then take a pic :laugh:

Rach
24-06-2009, 22:15
Yeah the poor condition is one i have heard before, parking enforcement officers wont come to schools on my area because the lines are in such poor condition they said they cant enforce it.

Police officers generally dont issue parking tickets any more because the local councils want there parking enforcement officers to do it so the proceeds goes into there pot rather than the police pot.