PDA

View Full Version : i need to moan

R5GTTRaider
19-06-2009, 23:17
walked in halfords for pads, hb 337 for those who wanna know, opened the pack and had 5/6mm of pad i was like fuc.king hell whats that about, i know times are hard but my pads arent even as thin as them and i wanna replace them!

then looked on the back and said citroen and pegeot, not reno 5 mind!!

asked at the desk for ferodo ones and they were like, mm we dont know, we never know whats commign in, head office just send us what ever

i was like surely you have some control, "nope", i said so no stock control then, "no", againagain, how the bloody hell do halfords get by with no stock orgisasion

then to make me laugh she offered me the same (£15) for £31 direct from the warehouse, i was like so YOU havent got it on the shelf, you wont order it but wanna charge me double becasue some lazy system hasnt ordered it in,

i dunno y i bother, i always have hated halfrauds but that takes the biscuit, she then jokenly says ah you need to shop else were then, so i promptly walked out, grr they fuc.king make me sick :mad::mad::mad::mad:

so i went and spend it on some beers, so i now didnt buy rear pads lol :sad:

Schakal
19-06-2009, 23:19
fook it , rears only do a small amount of braking anyway :)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
19-06-2009, 23:40
walked in halfords for pads, hb 337 for those who wanna know, opened the pack and had 5/6mm of pad i was like fuc.king hell whats that about, i know times are hard but my pads arent even as thin as them and i wanna replace them!

then looked on the back and said citroen and pegeot, not reno 5 mind!!

asked at the desk for ferodo ones and they were like, mm we dont know, we never know whats commign in, head office just send us what ever

i was like surely you have some control, "nope", i said so no stock control then, "no", againagain, how the bloody hell do halfords get by with no stock orgisasion

then to make me laugh she offered me the same (£15) for £31 direct from the warehouse, i was like so YOU havent got it on the shelf, you wont order it but wanna charge me double becasue some lazy system hasnt ordered it in,

i dunno y i bother, i always have hated halfrauds but that takes the biscuit, she then jokenly says ah you need to shop else were then, so i promptly walked out, grr they fuc.king make me sick :mad::mad::mad::mad:

so i went and spend it on some beers, so i now didnt buy rear pads lol :sad:

Rear pads only come with 5-6mm on them anyway.......and yes they are Pug/Citroen fitment as they share the same rear calipers.....

wrightygtt
19-06-2009, 23:49
Sounds, Oh so similiar to my Halfords, now I'm not dissing anyone who works there because there are 1 or 2 very knowledgable guys, who if they don't know an answer to your question will do their upmost to help you out, ring round etc. Unfortunetely they don't last long, move on or whatever.

But my god its the ones that are mid 30's/ 40's with no interest in cars what so ever, my life is over type, that just fob you off, or give you totally ****e info, or the wrong part. In fact they piss me off so much I don't venture in their anymore if I can help it.

dickiegtt
19-06-2009, 23:53
Sounds, Oh so similiar to my Halfords, now I'm not dissing anyone who works there, because there are 1 or 2 very knowledgable guys, who if they don't know an answer to your question will do their upmost to help you out, ring round etc. Unfortunetely they don't last long, move on or whatever.

But my god its the ones that are mid 30's/ 40's with no interest in cars what so ever, my life is over type, that just fob you off, or give you totally ****e info, or the wrong part. In fact they piss me off so much I don't venture in their anymore if I can help it.

Halfords are crap compared to my local motor factors! and my mates gti6 rear brake calipers are identical to my 5's

5alldaway
20-06-2009, 01:20
Halfords are crap compared to my local motor factors! and my mates gti6 rear brake calipers are identical to my 5's

yeh most of the french cars share the same sheet, mine has a saxo vts caliper on it lol

rs250nut
20-06-2009, 09:02
:confused:

:dearme:

Adey aka Ewok
20-06-2009, 09:13
worked there many years back, and stock was allocated by head office, tho there are ways to get stock in if its needed, deliverys are only once a week tho, motor factors are the way forward:agree:

clee
20-06-2009, 09:42
Halfords for parts :laugh: get real .... tools and paint ....ohh and ICE and bikes :agree:

I've got some new rear pads for a 5 I think... MDB1339 ?? ...bought in error ,they've only got about 6 mm friction material .Same shape as the GTA rear but they're about double that thickness .

Sparkie
20-06-2009, 09:53
yeah, the rears have very little meat on them standard.

phase i 16 v turbo
20-06-2009, 10:23
Halfords, only if I have tried everywhere else first and it is life and death. Usually the person serving doesn't even drive, let alone abale to give sound advise, you buy we fit I think not!!!!!

R5GTTRaider
20-06-2009, 11:35
but if they only come with 5mm pad thickness, how come i have that much left and got my brake light come on yesterday, im going to put these new ones in drive down the road, first fast corner braking i come to and there be gone!
only reason i went to halfords is becasue the local motorfactors close eairly, and the price wasnt bad at £11 but unbelivable

Matt Cole
20-06-2009, 11:55
but if they only come with 5mm pad thickness, how come i have that much left and got my brake light come on yesterday, im going to put these new ones in drive down the road, first fast corner braking i come to and there be gone!
only reason i went to halfords is becasue the local motorfactors close eairly, and the price wasnt bad at £11 but unbelivable

No. Your rear pads are more than likely ok. The light coming on will be the fronts and then it may be the sensor or wiring shorting. You have just slated Halfords, but infact it sounds like you got the correct pads for the rears!:scratch:

Like with any parts store, you need 50% confidence in them and 50% knowledge of the parts you are ordering.

RICHIE
20-06-2009, 12:00

oh dear the rears dont have sensors its only the fronts. :(

The new Bill J
20-06-2009, 14:04
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/mrb_gtt/fail1.jpg

5teve L
20-06-2009, 14:16
Yeah right, the light on will be low fronts/faulty sensor or low break fluid IIRC.

R5GTTRaider
20-06-2009, 17:17
oh dear the rears dont have sensors its only the fronts. :(
well there nearly new fronts, discs have no lip, brake fluid is good

and bill how am i to know!!:cooter:

still i do think 5mm is realy fook all even for rear pads.

tho if its right then its right!

scratcher
20-06-2009, 21:11
I hated it so much when I worked in the Bike Hut in Halfords and nobody knew what was coming in. Its pretty stoopid.