PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Newcastle Upon Tyne

bricknall345
18-06-2009, 19:56
First post!

Hi to all!! I'm new to the world of the turbo and performance cars so expect some noob'y comments and questions. I'v liked performance cars for quite a few year and finally got round to geting one. I recently, spur of the moment, bought my mates moded r5 gt turbo, so i figured this is the place to be. The main idea is to tidy it up, get it running(including an engine re-build with uprated head, valves, valve springs, piper cam, new standard pistons and sleaves, baffled sump..) as well as possible and also add a few extra's to the rest of the car. I'm undecided, but think i may steer towrds the trace/drag goin road car rather than a fast, practical, comftable road car (Maybe instaling a weld in roll cage) Hope to recive (and eventuly give) help, guidance and advice. I'll try to attend as many events as i possibly can and looking forward to seeing other members out on the road, track and drag strip;)

Big Steve - Raider
18-06-2009, 20:21
Welcome to the club Bricknall :yeah:

Get yourself along to the National Day at Mallory Park & buy Brigsy a few beers, he's from ooop your way & certainly worth getting to know! ;)

If you play your cards right you could also make contact with :mart: :laugh:

tonesGTT
18-06-2009, 20:22
welcome to the club mate. post some pics of your 5 up soon.

:)

dave-sbs
18-06-2009, 20:38
welcome along fella, theres plenty of clued up members in your region ( watch out for matt c though :D ).. have fun

jesus in the seat of a 5
18-06-2009, 20:48
welcome along fella, theres plenty of clued up members in your region ( watch out for matt c though :D ).. have fun

:laugh:..cheeky haggis muncher...;), Wellcome to the club mate ,this here is the place to be for yeah an the ole turby...:D..pics...;)

xenon
18-06-2009, 22:44
welcome ;)

Matt Cole
18-06-2009, 22:57
:laugh:..cheeky haggis muncher...;), Wellcome to the club mate ,this here is the place to be for yeah an the ole turby...:D..pics...;)
I think Dave was refering to me!!

He's only jelouse because we have women around here instead of sheep!!:wasntme:

Welcome by the way mate, us northern lot are leading the way on tuning 5's, the southerners are still struggling for a decent pint!:laugh:

Ashy
18-06-2009, 23:08
Welcome, get some pics up :)

Did you buy the car locally?

bricknall345
19-06-2009, 17:09
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Thanks all for the warm welcome!!
Posted pics up today :) and also a bit more on the spec. I'll post more when i get my backside round to taking some, belive me im lazzy:laugh: Like i said i'll try to get to plenty club events when i have the car sorted, and also gona get myself down to york raceway for the RWYB days :cool:. I did buy the car localy Ashy, i belive it used to belong to 'Mr 5' before my mate had it- seems a pretty sweet runner, touch wood...

Brigsy
19-06-2009, 17:13
Welcome to the club mate :cool:

Blick
19-06-2009, 17:29
welcome mate! you`ve come2 the right place :agree: