PDA

View Full Version : Spring choice

Brigsy
18-09-2008, 22:55
Fitted the koni yellows on my van tonight, having a carry on with non co-operating bolts/parts that didnt want to come off without a battle.

The annoying thing is that my no name 40mm lowering springs seem to have dropped another 10 - 15mm, highly annoying now its too low at the front. The long van dampers must have been bottomed out by looks of things:crap: I like the slightly lowered sleeper look not the slammed, so they are going to have be changed..

Can anybody reccommend a decent set of springs to match the koni's. I am considering the 30mm apex springs, anybody used them?

Brigsy
19-09-2008, 11:59
Clutching at straws before mallory, ive ordered the apex as they will be here monday. Hopefully there up to the job.

UKG grant
19-09-2008, 15:16
"annoying now its too low at the front" - theres no such thing as too low man!

Brigsy
19-09-2008, 17:04
Its as low as my gtt on coilovers, the top of the tyre level with the arch! I want it to corner good, not to be slammed to the weedz;)

I was going to leave it & lower the rear more, but the sidey is too low as it is, cant be bothered catching the exhaust on every little bump. Rear exit exhaust is too much hassle/expense getting it extended to fit.

UKG grant
19-09-2008, 17:37
:) true, making it more practical does have its uses :)

Brigsy
20-09-2008, 19:24
Its that low the drivers side tyre rubs the arch if you turn onto a drive, or over a bump whilst turning as found when test driving today. Hopefully it will be better with the higher springs!

On the plus side the koni's feel excellent, the brakes feel reall good with the mintex 1144's. Roll on mallory.

ollyhock
20-09-2008, 23:03
First post!

ive been looking at the spax spring and damper kit its £250 from motor scope, do you know if spax are good. my car is running great since you sorted it ive ordered a mongoose exhaust ,get it fitted nxtweek. ive been driving like a **** since you fixed it just enjoying the drive and not wanting to **** it up. but raced a starlet galanza from trunk road traffic lights and had a good scrap ,beat him quite convincingly

Brigsy
22-09-2008, 22:28
Spax should be alright like, i recommend koni yellows personally though. Good to hear its still running nice:)

When i said low i mean this low, excuse the tyre black..

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSCF0509.jpg

Springs should have been here today, better be here tomorrow, or the old avo coilovers will have to go on for mallory.

ollyhock
23-09-2008, 17:31
if youve got 2 sets uf turbs, is one available. ?
cash is waiting brigsy, im only down the road:eek: if that dont tempt ya nothing will!!!