PDA

View Full Version : Breathing Problems and Idling like a piece of s..t

CHUNK The Goonies
17-06-2009, 21:04
Can anyone help, ive recently put all new silicones on my 5... (got them off unstable cable) good **** by the way,!... any way... and i rebuilt the t25....well mr niell ash did, which works mint, recommend to anyone to have a crack at it. since doing all this my 5 revs up and down and wont tick over unless i choke the bitch but still revs up and down and the air filter makes a blow jobby noise. now, i think it must be the restrictors missing in the t piece to manifold pipe, but strangely my old 5 pipes didn't have any in when i checked anyway???:confused: so i took carb off and put back on incase seals were buggard but they are all good. the carb aint leaking down the venturi as they normally do so i ruled that out. so must be restrictors right???? just seems weired that old pipes didn't have any and it worked fine ticking like a new cooko clock!! any ides chaps n chapesess???:confused:

Brigsy
17-06-2009, 21:05
Restrictor needs fitting in the breather pipe matey;)

djinuk
17-06-2009, 21:44
this is exactly what my r5 is doing including the noise through teh air filter.. looks like ive lost the restrictor.. booo, they are usally in that t-piece arnt they. .. is there 3 or two?

Kris M
17-06-2009, 21:48
you could get rid of the standard breather pipes and do away with the restricters

Nick k
17-06-2009, 22:03
Can anyone help, ive recently put all new silicones on my 5... (got them off unstable cable) good **** by the way,!... any way... and i rebuilt the t25....well mr niell ash did, which works mint, recommend to anyone to have a crack at it. since doing all this my 5 revs up and down and wont tick over unless i choke the bitch but still revs up and down and the air filter makes a blow jobby noise. now, i think it must be the restrictors missing in the t piece to manifold pipe, but strangely my old 5 pipes didn't have any in when i checked anyway???:confused: so i took carb off and put back on incase seals were buggard but they are all good. the carb aint leaking down the venturi as they normally do so i ruled that out. so must be restrictors right???? just seems weired that old pipes didn't have any and it worked fine ticking like a new cooko clock!! any ides chaps n chapesess???:confused:

The resistor that lives in the T piece gets stucked down the pipe. Squeeze the pipe and you will proberly find it where the pipe turns left towards the carb ;)

Ashy
17-06-2009, 22:12
if you dont have a restrictor just get a dust cap and drill a 2mm hole in it the push it up the pipe!!

Also is the idle screw still in there?

Might be worth checking for a vac leak too, the best way to do this would be to stick a bit of spare vac pipe in your ear and move it around in the bay until you find it.

CHUNK The Goonies
17-06-2009, 22:22
cheers chaps, thing is i squeezed the pipe where restrictor should go and it made no difference,? i also blocked air filter hose to see if that would make a difference but a bit of a sqqquuueeeeel piggy noise came about what the feck was that all abooot?? ill check for vac leak as well good tip ash!! ill just do everything and see what comes of it, mixture screw still in as well. :confused:

CHUNK The Goonies
17-06-2009, 22:25
any one got some dust caps lol:wasntme:

CHUNK The Goonies
17-06-2009, 22:27
Restrictor needs fitting in the breather pipe matey;)

cheers brigsy, i aint forgot about the oil sandwich plate either, will you hang on to it for me?? pay day soon;) you dont happen to have a nice oil cooler and braided pipes to go with that have you:laugh:

Matt Cole
17-06-2009, 22:52
What has failed to be mentioned is that the carb was removed, shook hard to try and get the mix screw out, could,nt so gave up and put the carb back on, and now the idling problem has occured. It sounds like a vac leak

Ashy
18-06-2009, 12:41
carb was removed & shook hard

He didn't use a hammer to do this did he?

:cooter:

stuTHC
18-06-2009, 12:55
stick some reggae reggae sauce in the fuel tank, that'll cure it, it's more potent than race fuel is that stuff :D

Matt Cole
18-06-2009, 12:57
He didn't use a hammer to do this did he?

:cooter:

cach handed is one term you could use:scratch:

djinuk
18-06-2009, 14:50
would a van leak also cause the car to pop massively on the over run as mine has started doing this.

CHUNK The Goonies
19-06-2009, 11:57
i tried the "regea regea sauce" and it works a treat, then i hit the bonnet with a hammer and it mixed the fuel swe too. cheers chaps, you advice and numerous years of experience has paid off. :ashamed:

ps the dust cap worked the best tho:cooter: :wasntme:

Pete@Backyard Racing
19-06-2009, 14:11
has any1 got a pic of the breather pipe and restrictor as i dont think my car has 1 inplace.

Nick k
19-06-2009, 20:21
The resistor that lives in the T piece gets stucked down the pipe. Squeeze the pipe and you will proberly find it where the pipe turns left towards the carb ;)

Gets sucked down the pipe, not stucked DOOH!!!! :D Anyways did you find the restictor in the pipe??