PDA

View Full Version : T2 water cooling

stevo clio
17-06-2009, 14:26
I have the standard T2 on my car at the min with no saft play or smoke out of the exhaust but the pipes/ commectors for the water cooled side have broken/ corroded. can you get away with it just just run without being on full boost all of the time or is it just going to fail end of?

I have had an offer of a T3 from a Calibra turbo in good condition for nothing

I know it sould be a case of buy a recon T2 T25 or T28 but short on cash and also after a wideband at the minute

James5
17-06-2009, 14:33
I have the standard T2 on my car at the min with no saft play or smoke out of the exhaust but the pipes/ commectors for the water cooled side have broken/ corroded. can you get away with it just just run without being on full boost all of the time or is it just going to fail end of?

I have had an offer of a T3 from a Calibra turbo in good condition for nothing

I know it sould be a case of buy a recon T2 T25 or T28 but short on cash and also after a wideband at the minute

T3 is to big for a 5 matey unless you like a bit of lag:laugh: + it won't fit your manifold and your turbo elbow won't fit it.

Yeah you can run the turbo as air / oil cooled if you want just join the water pipes together and run it like a phase 1 just mean more regular oil changes (So every 3k instead of every 6k) but most peeps like me do it more often than that anyway.

If you want a T2 I have a good condition one available

R5GTTRaider
17-06-2009, 14:44
is it worth having a cooler for the water coming out the turbo?

as i find on motor ways it creaps just past the 2nd line i have to realy reduce my speed to 65 and have quick spuirts to 80/85 tho i know its not a crusing car just annoying trying to control the temps using the throttle!

stuTHC
17-06-2009, 17:10
imo you dont need water cooling on the turbo. The phase1 wasn't water cooled, just oil. All the water cooling does is increase coolant temps rather than reduce turbo temps.

clee
17-06-2009, 17:12
What he said .I've binned it and also the silly oil filter cooler thingy on the GTA .

R5GTTRaider
17-06-2009, 17:18
true that way id only have to change it every year lol

but i would change every 3.6k (6months)