PDA

View Full Version : Mocal Sandwich plate fitting

James5
17-06-2009, 10:17
This is a bit of a numpty question really, but I have just gone to fit my Mocal sandwich plate to my C1J:scratch:.

I thought I had all the bits to do it but think i may have left part of the adaptor on the 172 lump I sold:crap:

Now from you fellow RTOC members whom have got the mocal sandwich plate I take it that you have an adaptor that fits over another bolt that bolts onto the engine block? (I have this part see pic attached) but i am missing the bolt for the block so what has everyone used as the originall GTT bolt is to long and I would end up pissing oil every where.

Is it possible to get a short adaptor for the block with both ends being male and of the same size on each end? (I think it's the same thread as the oil filter M20 x 1.50?

2nd pic with the red arrow is the part I need

Leigh
17-06-2009, 10:40
I had the same problem as i bought a 2nd hand kit, but when i came to fit it the original union was to long. Phoned Think Automotive and they sent me out the bit i needed its a union threaded each end but not as long as the original. When i explained it as that they seemed to know what i needed :D

Leigh

TrixNFlix
17-06-2009, 10:50
Mine came from cgb in a kit, so you could ring bob , he would know, did try and find this part but seems to be a non regular size, caus I couldn't find it! Also has your mocal sandwich plate got the thermastat in the left hand side of it, caus if it has you have to chop a bit of the front engine mount bracket.

James5
17-06-2009, 11:09
Mine came from cgb in a kit, so you could ring bob , he would know, did try and find this part but seems to be a non regular size, caus I couldn't find it! Also has your mocal sandwich plate got the thermastat in the left hand side of it, caus if it has you have to chop a bit of the front engine mount bracket.

Cheers guys, No mine hasn't got the built on stat.

I will give think auto a call, I did email them this morning to see if they had anything but no response by email yet, I will try Bob aswel. Will call think auto on my lunchbreak.

Just emailed Bob, so await response as he is normally good with emails, (Just seen on his website that he has a pic of the kit and it also shows the adaptor I need - i have attached the pic to the 1st section of this thread).

Many thanks
James

James5
17-06-2009, 17:19
Think Auto Sell the little adaptor for £6.25 +VAT and there part number is MMIS/95/95 if anyone else needs it.

raj
17-06-2009, 18:04
Cheers guys, No mine hasn't got the built on stat.

not really a good idea to run without a stat mate.

i knew about having to chop the engine mount if i was going to fit the mocal sandwich plate which has the stat on the side, so i opted for the sandwich plate without the stat and them simply fitted one of mocals inline state:agree:

Brigsy
17-06-2009, 18:09
Ive got a sandwich plate with built in stat & adaptor if you need one;)

James5
17-06-2009, 18:55
not really a good idea to run without a stat mate.

i knew about having to chop the engine mount if i was going to fit the mocal sandwich plate which has the stat on the side, so i opted for the sandwich plate without the stat and them simply fitted one of mocals inline state:agree:

I have a stat just not in the s/plate I have an inline stat

sieger
17-06-2009, 19:28
same adaptor is used in a fiat panda and a b18ft engine , cost a bit less :)

Woznaldo
31-01-2014, 10:21
I'm firing up this old thread as I want to confirm the Oil Filter thread size. Is it M20 x 1.5?

I want to fit an Oil Cooler and Remote Filter Housing and need to know sizes before I start buying components. I have seen a number of Chinese kits, but I want to use quality components that I know won't fail when I'm giving it the beans!

GTphil
31-01-2014, 21:12
I'm firing up this old thread as I want to confirm the Oil Filter thread size. Is it M20 x 1.5?

I want to fit an Oil Cooler and Remote Filter Housing and need to know sizes before I start buying components. I have seen a number of Chinese kits, but I want to use quality components that I know won't fail when I'm giving it the beans!

I did an oil change last week and on the genuine filter was M20*1.5 ;)

Woznaldo
31-01-2014, 22:39
Many Thanks Phil. :)

Woznaldo
31-01-2014, 23:23
I think I also need to fit an Oil Thermostat (Oilstat), but not sure what temperature to maintain? I'm guessing around 90 degC? Any thoughts?