PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox oil

IANMM
16-06-2009, 09:51
going to drain and refill the gearbox over the next couple of days now as per the haynes manual it says capacity is 3.4 ltrs cant seem to see anymore than a 1ltr tub for sale at most places and also my "plug" that you fill it up from on the front hasnt got the marker on the end (the plastic arm) so is it a finger in the hole jobbie or just measure it off from how much your putting in......

James5
16-06-2009, 10:00
going to drain and refill the gearbox over the next couple of days now as per the haynes manual it says capacity is 3.4 ltrs cant seem to see anymore than a 1ltr tub for sale at most places and also my "plug" that you fill it up from on the front hasnt got the marker on the end (the plastic arm) so is it a finger in the hole jobbie or just measure it off from how much your putting in......

I always stick the finger in the hole matey, and I used just under 4 Halfords 1 litre bottles (have a nozzle to get it in the hole)

Sparkie
16-06-2009, 10:26
gsf and carspares sell 4-5litre tubs of g/b oil.

IANMM
16-06-2009, 10:44
cool thanks for the info :)

gtmatt
16-06-2009, 13:07
u can buy a 4l or 5l from any local motor factors or they will order it in for you i payed about £15 for mine .:) then make an pipe and funnel device to fill it up:)