PDA

View Full Version : Indicators...

Penfold aka The Dealer
18-09-2008, 19:53
Ok people, my grey 5 has a slight issue... i cant be arsed to get my haynes manual out...

Basically i indacte right and the it goes fast (bulb gone somewhere) but none of the outer lights work...

And to top it off sometimes i indicate right and nothing happens... would that mean a dodgy stalk? Fuse (even tho my left side is fine) dodgy wiring? Connections? Ideas people :-)

Tiny Tim
18-09-2008, 19:57
Usually if one bulb is out that whole side will be affected, those that are working will go spastic and flash quickly.

1st step, check all bulbs, replace any duff ones. If that doesnt work, time to look at the stalk.

Penfold aka The Dealer
18-09-2008, 20:12
Yeh i need to check the bulbs tomorrow, if it is the stalk is it just poor connections or best to get a 2nd hand unit?

Tiny Tim
18-09-2008, 20:14
Yeah, possible the contacts are worn. You can either pull it apart and try to sort it or just buy a second hand unit.

I bought a new one for an MOT about errr christ.. 6 years ago? That was nigh-on £40 at the time.

Os8472
18-09-2008, 20:49
I had somit similer in my old R5, check the hazzard light switch is fully plugged in