PDA

View Full Version : No power to AEI

Philclubman
15-06-2009, 19:48
Help! while driving to work this morning after goin over a bumpy bit in the road (dont know if its connected?) the car cut out and I rolled to a stop

Got it back, the AA bloke did some checks, had no spark, fuel pump not coming on etc he checked my tdc sensor and said it was ok

Engine turns over on the key fine

Ive been having a look and theres no power coming to the aei unit with ignition on and cranking.

Theres is 12v at the key, I cant sus out where the wires go from the key. when I bought the car it has already got a pirranaha alarm, and two immobalisers!!
one is a cobra, not sure on the other, it does say on it, I can see where they are tapped into the main igintion wires but ive no idea what to check as its such a jumble of wires :(.

Is there anything else obvious I should be trying?
Any idea are very much appreciated

RICHIE
15-06-2009, 20:01
Help! while driving to work this morning after goin over a bumpy bit in the road (dont know if its connected?) the car cut out and I rolled to a stop

Got it back, the AA bloke did some checks, had no spark, fuel pump not coming on etc he checked my tdc sensor and said it was ok

Engine turns over on the key fine

Ive been having a look and theres no power coming to the aei unit with ignition on and cranking.

Theres is 12v at the key, I cant sus out where the wires go from the key. when I bought the car it has already got a pirranaha alarm, and two immobalisers!!
one is a cobra, not sure on the other, it does say on it, I can see where they are tapped into the main igintion wires but ive no idea what to check as its such a jumble of wires :(.

Is there anything else obvious I should be trying?
Any idea are very much appreciated

presuming you checked the right connector for power using the yellow and black wire on the plug for 12v when ignition live. have you checked the relay in the scuttle panel. also you can access part of that loom from behind the ashtray.

Philclubman
15-06-2009, 20:06
Its ok ive just found it, like you say theres a connection block behind the ash tray where one of the connectors had snapped.

Kenobi
15-06-2009, 20:54
Its ok ive just found it, like you say theres a connection block behind the ash tray where one of the connectors had snapped.

POW, Richie saves the day!!