PDA

View Full Version : W/out google, do you know why a Microwave is called a Microwave ?

Scoff
14-06-2009, 22:03
Stupid debate a friend of mine and I had the other day - he argue'd that most people wouldn't know (without searching for the answer) why a microwave oven was called a microwave oven, or even how it worked. Was he right ?

BriC
14-06-2009, 22:06
I didn't know how they work until I Wikipedia'd it a while back. I knew it had something to do with radiation / microwaves / all that jazz. But then, I'm a dunce :uhhuh:

RICHIE
14-06-2009, 22:06
Stupid debate a friend of mine and I had the other day - he argue'd that most people wouldn't know (without searching for the answer) why a microwave oven was called a microwave oven, or even how it worked. Was he right ?

im a fan of brainiacs and im sure wave part comes from the waves that it gives of and micro because its small im probably wrong

Maka
14-06-2009, 22:09
im a fan of brainiacs and im sure wave part comes from the waves that it gives of and micro because its small im probably wrong

dang i always thought it was a nuke box!!! gutted.

clee
14-06-2009, 22:10
It would seem your friend is correct

Andrew Cooke
14-06-2009, 22:21
does it involve really small Mexicans?

Bommer
14-06-2009, 22:39
I watched a programme and a bloke microwaved his head, he jammed the door catches and set it off with his head inside!!! :smokin:

J$£5GTT
14-06-2009, 23:32

its called that because its small an you can wave goodbye to you food if left in
to long on high!!!

:cooter: