PDA

View Full Version : Possible T25 Turbo for use in Oz?

Woznaldo
14-06-2009, 10:34
A friend of mine at work who's into the Pulsar scene has put me onto this turbo as a possible T25 type turbo for the 5:

http://www.otomoto.com.au/kkr/KKR280.html

Not heard of KKR before, Any thoughts? I'll want to use it for fast road/track work and looking for around 180/200bhp but, would like it to be responsive. Will be converting to EFI in the near future too.

Andrew Cooke
14-06-2009, 11:56
on the face of it it looks like a T28, probably a bit large for what you're looking for. That's on the face of it, who knows how well it'll really work, or how reliable it'd be. That said, it's pretty cheap, but how easy is it to fit?

Woznaldo
14-06-2009, 13:35
I emailed them a while ago to ask that question and the guy told me it's std T25 bolt up so should go straight on! They're a 10 min drive from me so once my car is on the road i'll take a trip over or if patience gets the better of me, take my spare T2/25 over and compare.:)

Andrew Cooke
14-06-2009, 13:39
I emailed them a while ago to ask that question and the guy told me it's std T25 bolt up so should go straight on! They're a 10 min drive from me so once my car is on the road i'll take a trip over or if patience gets the better of me, take my spare T2/25 over and compare.:)

chances are you'll need to dick with the oil lines, and the elbow will only fit with 2 bolts.. Oh, and obviously you'll need to index the housings and sort out the actuator mount.

Woznaldo
14-06-2009, 21:25
The oil lines will almost definitly need some kind of adaptor. As for the actuator, that would be fairly easy I would guess and something I could probably get them to square away as part of the purchase, maybe?? I don't have an elbow at the moment as i'm using a custom turbo back downpipe and that has one of those 'one plate fits some' mounts on it?

I think 'should' was the key word in my previous post;). All just ideas at the moment.