PDA

View Full Version : Smoke/Judder

Bass J
10-06-2009, 21:57
Just realised i put my other post in the wrong section :laugh: ...copy n pasted -

I got the clio gtt mot'd today.

First of all on the way back i noticed it was smoking like a smoke machine ...it was blue'y white some.... im guessing this would be the turbo's gubbed?

Also theres a judder when i quarter press the accelerator pedal ..it goes away when i put my foot down a bit or put it up a gear ...any ideas? ..its almost as if the engines struggling but im in a decen enough rev range.

Any idea's folks on how to sort this as it would be great to actually drive it properly :laugh:

TrixNFlix
10-06-2009, 22:22
Aw no it's not been ragged by someone from the mot station has it?! :cry:

RICHIE
10-06-2009, 22:24
Just realised i put my other post in the wrong section :laugh: ...copy n pasted -

I got the clio gtt mot'd today.

First of all on the way back i noticed it was smoking like a smoke machine ...it was blue'y white some.... im guessing this would be the turbo's gubbed?

Also theres a judder when i quarter press the accelerator pedal ..it goes away when i put my foot down a bit or put it up a gear ...any ideas? ..its almost as if the engines struggling but im in a decen enough rev range.

Any idea's folks on how to sort this as it would be great to actually drive it properly :laugh:

has it had any recent work on it were there any symptoms prior to the mot.

Bass J
10-06-2009, 22:28
lol ...it had a massive oil leak. It was in getting sorted before MOT . I did ofcourse after warming it up give it a blast to clear some pipes as its been sitting for 6months.

Its actually black smoke when just driving ...im told it could be because its overfuelling. LIKE LOADS! ..looks like a jet plane but with black smoke :laugh::laugh::laugh:

i typed my first message quickly.

At idle its light white smoke ...which i recon is pretty normal

Bass J
11-06-2009, 23:27
Well i found out its the turbo thats gubbed. Took it a drive over to my mates ...it was like a smoke machine :laugh::laugh: .. we had a closer look and found masses of oil leaking out the turbocharger :(. ...so we linked the oil feed to the return for now and it doesnt smoke at all :smokin:

Adam L
11-06-2009, 23:39
What did you do about blanking the turbo off?

Bass J
11-06-2009, 23:41
we took off the hose going to the actuator and blanked it with a bolt ...i recon it should be fine lol

Adam L
11-06-2009, 23:46
So the turbo is effectively running dry?:laugh:

In all honesty, I wouldn't be suprised if it had seized (not necesserily a bad thing, beleive it or not), it's going to anyway driving it around like that. Or you've bent the shaft and it's now scrap metal.

Bass J
11-06-2009, 23:49
Its buggered anyway ...im just trying to source another one if im honest ...ive buggered about with that one and it aint entirely sealed (massive oil leaks lol)

scrap metal FTW :smokin: