PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Clutch help pls..

Penfold aka The Dealer
10-06-2009, 16:41
I think the clutch cable has snapped on my mums fiesta. The pedal just falls to the floor and you cant engage gear..

Can anybody confirm that the fiesta's clutch is cable operated? also does anybody have any experience in changing them... is it something i can do or will a garage be best...

edit: just found out its not cable operated....

So could be anything wrong with the car, until i have had a good look i wont know.

Anybody in the local area fancy working on the car?

The new Bill J
10-06-2009, 17:10
Is the pedal on the floor? If so, with it being a Ford, check the pedal ratchet, as they snap for fun. Mine went on my GTaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiii a few weeks back.

JRP
10-06-2009, 17:34
Is the pedal on the floor? If so, with it being a Ford, check the pedal ratchet, as they snap for fun. Mine went on my GTaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiii a few weeks back.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: stuck out side my house for a couple hours... :p

The new Bill J
10-06-2009, 17:49
:laugh::laugh::laugh: stuck out side my house for a couple hours... :p

Why do you think I haven't been back since? :scared:

:laugh:

JRP
10-06-2009, 17:54
HAHA you best come back soon i waaant ma speewine biwwy speedwine siwwy western man

The new Bill J
10-06-2009, 18:00
HAHA you best come back soon i waaant ma speewine biwwy speedwine siwwy western man

You won't :laugh:

I'll pop up soon mate, it aint going no where :)

JRP
10-06-2009, 18:01
Saaaaaaaaaaaaafe Blud Innit Lol Bo Wicked Selectaaaaaaaaar

tobester
10-06-2009, 19:30
I think the clutch cable has snapped on my mums fiesta. The pedal just falls to the floor and you cant engage gear..

Can anybody confirm that the fiesta's clutch is cable operated? also does anybody have any experience in changing them... is it something i can do or will a garage be best...

edit: just found out its not cable operated....

So could be anything wrong with the car, until i have had a good look i wont know.

Anybody in the local area fancy working on the car?

That clutch should be hydraulically operated, the slave cylinder is combined with the release bearing and located inside the gearbox - known as a c.a.r.m bearing. G/box off job if it's the slave, might as well put a clutch in at the same time. In some cases the clutch master cylinder is plastic, they have a habit of failing.

ROB C2GTT
10-06-2009, 20:02
There was a recall on fiestas mate as the master cylinder rod falls off of its peg on the pedal. If you lay in the drivers footwell you will see it, just put it back on. Its will be tight to get on but once you have go to a ford dealer and get the clip that pushes on the peg to stop it happening again. Im 99% sure this will be ya prob. Clutch is easy to do mate anyway 58 minutes is my record!!:)

Ryan p
11-06-2009, 19:25
stands a gd chance the master cylinder rob has come off the pedal an there was a recall on the later fiesta where u had to put a clip on to hold it on. past experience with them if u put the clip one once its already came off it he rod will force the clip off again in time. when i get them at work when this has happened i alway fit a new master cylinder

Penfold aka The Dealer
11-06-2009, 20:28
There was a recall on fiestas mate as the master cylinder rod falls off of its peg on the pedal. If you lay in the drivers footwell you will see it, just put it back on. Its will be tight to get on but once you have go to a ford dealer and get the clip that pushes on the peg to stop it happening again. Im 99% sure this will be ya prob. Clutch is easy to do mate anyway 58 minutes is my record!!:)

:agree: this was the problem and sorted out straight this morning.

I didnt have a clip last night so cable ties to the rescue, ford fixed it this morning F.O.C