PDA

View Full Version : Vapor Digital Dash...

Leigh
09-06-2009, 16:38
Right just got round to fitting this dash kit (http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=77&products_id=13584 ) and for some reason my revs seem to be way out. Done as they say and put the wire around the lead (used the closest one take it it doesn't matter) When at idle dash says 1700 - 2200 rpm when is about 850 - 1000, anyone have any ideas ? ? ? ?

Cheers Leigh :D

TNT!hammond
09-06-2009, 18:04
never got it to work on mine leigh, if you go into settings for the dash there is a setting for pulse , you can change this setting to read higher or lower on the dash, there is also a pulse 2 setting which changes the ammount of pulses read at a given 4rpm. So if for some reason at 2.5k the revs read twice the amount it should you can half it in this setting.

As i said i faffed around for a bit with it but couldnt get it right and imo the display for rpm is not very clear when driving .

good luck :)

stu21t
09-06-2009, 22:04
what do you boys think of this bit of kit?
im thinking of getting 1 myself mainly for the speedo

TNT!hammond
09-06-2009, 22:12
I cant fault the speedo 1 bit stu, no trouble with it, the support over the phone is good when i hit a slight snag ( my fault ) , the speedo is infinite adjustable for any wheel and tyre combo, i use the temp gauge on it aswell as speed recall and trip meter/millage . It weighs f all and its cheep enough , i did buy the optional dash outer and it was so easy to wire up like child play.

stu21t
09-06-2009, 22:29
cool, ill add it to the list then
wiring it up doesnt bother me, im about to make a new loom for my engine, thats gunna b fun.

TNT!hammond
09-06-2009, 22:33
been there too stu, i dont have a dash and a fire fried the modded std loom i had chopped and changed . So in went a new one with all the stuff i seemingly didnt require -till oh bugger i think i forgot the fpr lmao. No wonder it wont start .

stu21t
09-06-2009, 22:46
difference is a 5 has almost no wiring, i rebuilt the loom in the cab ages ago,
this time im doing a cossie engine loom, but not std, its gotta be adapted for a few extras,

Leigh
10-06-2009, 10:52
the support over the phone is good when i hit a slight snag

Dont suppose you have that number kicking about do you ? :cool: