PDA

View Full Version : weird noise

tom t
08-06-2009, 23:23
just been out for a drive in the 5. a couple of m8s where out in other cars had a little gas wit a 106gti would have easily went past him but the weather wasnt to gr8.

ive just replaced my top strut mount with the corrected sided mount. and the car feels a lot better. the only other thing i need to sort out is a strainge droning kind of sound.

hard to explain really. ive got my wheel bearings. as i think they need doing and this could hopefully be the problem.

could anyone think of anything else it could be? any chance it could be the box at all?

any advice would be much appreciated. :agree:

J$£5GTT
08-06-2009, 23:28
was the noise worse when say turning left or right??
probably a wheel bearing.

tom t
08-06-2009, 23:35
i cant say it was. really at one point it had that was before i changed my strut top though, and that noise hasnt come back since.

how much would it cost roughly to get a garage to do my wheel bearings roughly if i had all the hubs off do you think? cheers

markey b
09-06-2009, 01:15
i cant say it was. really at one point it had that was before i changed my strut top though, and that noise hasnt come back since.

how much would it cost roughly to get a garage to do my wheel bearings roughly if i had all the hubs off do you think? cheers

if ya pop the front hubs off i'll get my bro to press the bearings in for ya fella

tom t
10-06-2009, 00:13
that sounds sweet markey, i dont think ill get round to taking the hubs off till the weekend though.

LukeRobbo
10-06-2009, 01:27
Mine was making a noise and turned out the rear caliper rubber boot had split which let dirt in and made the caliper stick on.

Hope you get it sorted soon anyway.

markey b
11-06-2009, 13:09
no worries tom, if ya need it done just pm me, me bro works at mazda in bury so has a press readily available :)