PDA

View Full Version : mechanical problem

morg
08-06-2009, 16:54
Ive got a problem with my starter motor engaging and it finally gave up while at santa pod the other week. For some reason the starter has stripped most of the thread off the fly wheel (not good) so can anyone suggest a garage near Dudley that can fix my little car and give me some idea on how much its gona cost to get fixed.

Any help welcome

Thanks

TrixNFlix
08-06-2009, 17:47
is the starter motor missing the locating dowel? Mine chewed up the flywheel untill I put the dowel in, now it's very quiet and everything works as it should.

Os8472
08-06-2009, 17:49
Yep sounds like the dowel alright, sod taking it to a garage, they'll rip ya off, find someone on here who will do it for a hell of alot less and they will do a proper job

IANMM
08-06-2009, 20:19
hey mate you can drop it down my unit......i live in sedgley and the unit is in womborne so we can bash it out there if you want too?

R5GTTRaider
08-06-2009, 21:09
i live in sedgley and the unit is in womborne so we can bash it out there if you want too?
sure he wont refuse

:hump:

:laugh:

Sparkie
08-06-2009, 23:39
Ive got a problem with my starter motor engaging and it finally gave up while at santa pod the other week. For some reason the starter has stripped most of the thread off the fly wheel (not good) so can anyone suggest a garage near Dudley that can fix my little car and give me some idea on how much its gona cost to get fixed.

Any help welcome

Thanks

if its taken the teeth off your flywheel, then you will need another one fitting. sound like a good £150 job to me.

morg
11-06-2009, 21:42
Thanks to Ian in sedgley were going to tackle the job at his unit the weekend. What a star!!!!!!!!

TrixNFlix
11-06-2009, 21:56
Thanks to Ian in sedgley were going to tackle the job at his unit the weekend.

Good Lad :agree: