PDA

View Full Version : been offered a hybrid t34 for my 5 has it done before?

mad manz
18-09-2008, 05:39
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

i been offered t34 hybrid for my car off a mates mate has anyone done this yet ? and will i have to make a one off exhaust mainfold? and put injection on it? any advice will be great :cool:

Tiny Tim
18-09-2008, 08:23
Let me put it this way....

I had a T34 on my 2.0l 21 turbo. That didnt spool up until about 4k. Go figure...

Sparkie
18-09-2008, 12:02
didnt dynatech have a t34 on their demo car. it needed NOS to get it to spin up.
and i dont think it got boost until 5k revs either......

Billy-G
18-09-2008, 12:29
Message to noobs.

These cars are 25+ years old now. The C1J engine has been around even longer.

All through this time, some very, very clever people have owned and fettled with these cars, spending lots of money and time to find out what works best for the strip/track and road. Some of these guys are on this site to this day.

In short, if it hasn't been done before, there is a reason why it hasn't been done before. You have not found the holy grail, you have instead found Marts holy fail.

Think on.

Alternatively, I have a turbo from a Scania truck I could sell you. Just £500 of your English pounds, guaranteed to fit and spool, 400bhp+ available etc etc etc

phase i 16 v turbo
18-09-2008, 12:44

I has a T34 on my old cossy, it worked well but did suffer with a little lag compared to the standard T3. So on a 1.4 I think I would give it a miss. Hope this helps.

mad manz
18-09-2008, 23:47

thanx guys for the advice i give that a miss maybe just stick with a t28 lol

Billy-G
19-09-2008, 00:18

thanx guys for the advice i give that a miss maybe just stick with a t28 lol

Can't go wrong. Tried and trusted, and some very fast people on here use them:agree:

Miller
19-09-2008, 00:41
Ian Nixon used to sell them for the 5, i think James wilday and his x had one fitted. No boost until over 5000rpm......whats the point in that:eek:

Billy-G
19-09-2008, 00:52
Ian Nixon used to sell them for the 5, i think James wilday and his x had one fitted. No boost until over 5000rpm......whats the point in that:eek:

Agreed. Whats the point of a 5 that doesn't boost until 5k? These engines dont exactly rev to 9k after all.

Scoff
19-09-2008, 01:04
did the rounds that turbo, james had it, matt, then charlotte. I drove it - and I'm used to lag - it just didn't have a max-boost rpm, it would just keep creating boost as revs rose.

bt, not a real T34, it used an odd looking T25 turbine, unknown core with (what looked like) a to4e compressor. Had an external gate too :)

Adam L
19-09-2008, 17:51
did the rounds that turbo, james had it, matt, then charlotte. I drove it - and I'm used to lag - it just didn't have a max-boost rpm, it would just keep creating boost as revs rose.

bt, not a real T34, it used an odd looking T25 turbine, unknown core with (what looked like) a to4e compressor. Had an external gate too :)

That turbo made it down to our workshop a few months back, funny looking thing. 200sx shaft, T28 core, sleeved T34 comp wheel. I'm sure the turbine housing was off an old Volvo (T3 flanged but T25 scroll), I can't remember, it's still sat under one of our benches.

Markey Mark (BD)
19-09-2008, 18:03
That turbo made it down to our workshop a few months back, funny looking thing. 200sx shaft, T28 core, sleeved T34 comp wheel. I'm sure the turbine housing was off an old Volvo (T3 flanged but T25 scroll), I can't remember, it's still sat under one of our benches.

I'm sure its not mate as you gave me it back when you done the work on it!:D ;) The rear housing was an odd ball one wasn't it, thankfully now changed for a larger one for the Volvo engine in mine.

Markey Mark (BD)
19-09-2008, 18:09
did the rounds that turbo, james had it, matt, then charlotte. I drove it - and I'm used to lag

Now i got it:D Adam L modded it to suit my Volvo engine now so should work better.

Adam L
19-09-2008, 18:11
I'm sure its not mate as you gave me it back when you done the work on it!:D ;) The rear housing was an odd ball one wasn't it, thankfully now changed for a larger one for the Volvo engine in mine.

Ah, did I? losing my memory in my young age:D

Markey Mark (BD)
19-09-2008, 18:28
Ah, did I? losing my memory in my young age:D

:D Aren't we all mate

Scoff
19-09-2008, 21:14
if your lucly mark you might start to get some spool about the 1/8 mile mark :D

it'll be much happier on the bigger engine I'm sure.

Andrew Cooke
19-09-2008, 21:39

dunno about that, a T4 compressor on a T25 turbine is always going to be a bit - errrm, special...

Scoff
19-09-2008, 21:53
dunno about that, a T4 compressor on a T25 turbine is always going to be a bit - errrm, special...

It was, but I'm hoping it has a bigger turbine these days :)

Markey Mark (BD)
20-09-2008, 00:04

All about the testing mate:D It'll be interesting to see what its like when the car is running now. I drove Matts old 5 with it one so know what it felt like and with the new rear housing hope it should be less restrictive o the Volvo lump.

If its needs modding again sure Adam L can play with it again;)

Markey Mark (BD)
20-09-2008, 00:10
It was, but I'm hoping it has a bigger turbine these days :)

To be honest mate i'm not entierly sure of the size of the turbine now, i had the work done on the rear of the turbo as i always hated the spec of it orginally.

It'll be attached to my 5 when i bring it to Nat Day so your more than welcome to come and have alook at it, it may eve need abit more work on it.;)